Salem, OR

Houck Middle School 2

Posted June 12, 2010
With the expception of a few teacher like Decker, Parson, and Grossarth this school would be a non child freindly environment. The leadership is so myopic with it's test em till their dead mentality which is caouse by the district. If i had the means I would get my child out of Salem Keizer public schools becuase they don't value children they value test reulsts. Shame on the admin and superintendent. You should be ashamed!!!!

Houck Middle School 0

Posted January 15, 2010
I am a student at houck middle school i think the school is doing great and my favorite teachers are mr.decker and mr bowling they rock!

Posted February 25, 2009

Posted January 19, 2009
I am a 8th grade student here at Houck Middle. And as I have seen over the years I have attended here at Houck I have seen a great stride to get students to excede here, and they have done it.

Posted February 29, 2008
Houck is the best school ive ever went to! The teachers are awesome my favorite teachers are Mr. Decker and Mr.Bowling they are great!

Posted December 07, 2007
It's a great school. I'm in 7th grade and I think that the teachers are great! This is a School you would like your children to go to! They have after school activities to go to and it's just great to be going to such a great school.

Houck Middle School 1

Posted May 21, 2007
- a former student

Posted September 26, 2004
Houck is a wonderful school for all students. It offers a wide variety of learning experiences and a caring staff. The fine arts, elective programs and after-school activities are outstanding. Our child has had a very positive experience. We appreciate the positive school climate, ethnic diversity and the respect staff and students exhibit towards one another. As with every school there are student issues. Our child has shared some of these concerns with us. We feel the values we have taught our children help them make good choices and support to not become involved in some of the issues common among middle students. Although some students make poor choices; this may be a parenting problem. The parents blame others which can confuse the student when trying to make the right decisions. With involvement in student activities we know what this happening. We feel fortunate our child attended Houck Middle School.

Houck Middle School 1

Posted May 04, 2004
It has been a hardship for my kids to adjust to a dominating spanish school.My daughter has been threatened and harassed daily by girls who claim they hate her cause she's white and 'prissy'.She gets called 'slut'/'whore' and nothing has been done.She is a 6th grader ,honor student and I don't understand why she should tolerate this.I cant be late to pick her up,she gets things thrown at her and harrassed,followed by these wanna be 'gangs'.Supervisers do nothing.I will not wait for her to get harmed.I can't trust in the school.I have withdrawn my kid's.What a shame! And shame on the school.Kids should come first!Good kids get refferals for tardies,Why is this the priority? ,Why is this treated as a behavioral issue?They do not look at the best interest of the child.or working with parents.these are still children.I am glad to wash my hands of Houck! Relief!

Houck Middle School
1155 Connecticut, Salem, OR  97301
Last modified Houck Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Houck Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top