Salem, OR

Posted August 24, 2013
Auburn, and the new school that just opened, are the most populated elementary schools in the Salem-Keizer School district. My two youngest sons have attended Auburn since they were in Kindergarten. One is in 7th grade and the younger one is going into 5th grade this school year. The teachers my children have had are wonderful and the staff is wonderful! My son going into 5th grade has been on an IEP for speech delays and the teachers helping with speech and other things for him have helped him so much! You would never know he had a speech delay like he did. The teachers are over staffed but they do the best they can for the kids at Auburn. The teachers are there for the kids and it definitely shows! Auburn has a high population of kids at or under poverty. There's at least 650 students every year. I feel blessed to have had my two boys attend Auburn.

Auburn Elementary School 4

Posted August 12, 2013
I have work at this school for a while know and I must say it is hard to do your job when you are understaff. This is what happens with budget cuts.

Posted September 09, 2003
I have a mainstream special needs child who just started first grade. We began kindergarden at another school and are pleased with the higher quality of Auburn. The staff are positive and friendly. My daughter's kindergarden teacher was very supportive in all aspects. Now my daughter complains about having to put the book down (!) and is helping by the examples she was given to teach her 3 year old sister.

Posted September 09, 2003
Our Daughter has been at Auburn since Kindergarten and she loves it. She has a lot of the same kids year after year in her classes and that's such a good way to make and keep life long friends. She is now in the 4th grade and she loves her Teacher and Ms. Peters. Not very many people can remember all of there students names like she can. Auburn is a great school!

Posted August 26, 2003
After reviewing several area schools, including private schools, we decided Auburn was the best place for our (then) first grader to go. We have never regretted that decision! It is a wonderful school, held together by patience, caring, and enthusiasm of principal Sue Peters. How many principals would roll up their sleeves and help to assemble playground equipment, or shovel compost in the school garden, right beside the kids?

Auburn Elementary School
4612 Auburn Rd NE, Salem, OR  97301
Last modified Auburn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Auburn Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top