Salem, OR

Posted May 25, 2010
I volunteer in my child's classroom once a week, and I feel very welcome. I would love to see an increase in parent involvement and volunteers.

Scott Elementary School 1

Posted November 13, 2008

Posted July 06, 2008
Until this year I would hae given 5 stars. While the teachers are still outstanding and so many of them truly care about their pupils, the leadership at the school has gotten way to comfortable with their power. We have been at this school since Kinder - and so has the principal, while the previous years were amazing - tis last year has been equally horrible. At a time when our emotionally fragile child needed the most from the team he had known for so long - the principal became stand offish and at the end of the year irrational and unpredictable. There is a reason they transfer principals around - its to prevent this kind of ' queen of the realm' mind set. We were not the only family to experience ths drastic change. Overall - we can not let that ruin our 5 good years.

Posted July 03, 2008
My son was in kindergarten last year. While his teacher was wonderful I am sorry to say that the rest of the school is not very family friendly. They make it very difficult to volunteer and to check on your children. His class was way over populated at roughly 30 children with not nearly enough staff. My son is very quiet and I fear if I keep him hear that he will fall through the cracks so I am hopefully going to be transferring him for next year. On a positive note, the principal and teachers that I encountered were quite nice and friendly! I just wish the office staff and rules of the school were more family friendly.

Posted May 29, 2008
We've never had a bad teacher there. Not one negative expeience.

Posted November 09, 2007
I am a student volunteer and i love this school the kids are great and so are the teachers.

Posted December 26, 2006
I have been a volunteer for some time now and have seen some wonderful things happening for children. The staff and principal work very hard for the children. They have made me feel like part of the school community and I appreciate that.

Scott Elementary School 4

Posted December 24, 2006
My children love to go to school. This is a safe and caring place. The staff and principal are very trusting and giving to the children.

Posted April 25, 2006
- a former student
I went to this school for 6 years ever since kindergarten. It has been the best school ever. I never wanted to leave it but I had to go to middle school. Now that I'm in High School i still go back and help out because I love the teachers and i love all the staff. The kids make it a great place to be. So i don't understand why people don't like this school.

Scott Elementary School 2

Posted October 14, 2005
My daughter loves school and she does not like this school. I feel that the teachers and staff are not very helpful and friendly. I have not got the help for my daughter that she needs. She feels like they are moving way to fast and not helping her to understand anything.

Scott Elementary School
4700 Arizona Ave NE, Salem, OR  97305
Last modified Scott Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Scott Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top