Bad
Good

Richmond Elementary School 5

Posted August 27, 2012
I love this school. It's amazing to see how hispanic parents get involved in theirs students' studies and assignments. I can greatly say that I'm utterly happy with this school. I'm a binational teacher and I love Richmond and its staff.

Richmond Elementary School 5

Posted May 03, 2010
I love Richmond Elementary school. I'm a freshman in college who goes there to help in a classroom. The atmosphere and motivation from all those I work with is amazing.

Posted April 13, 2010
I attended Richmond like ten years ago. I now volunteer there and I feel like this school is getting better every year. Teacher's are great as while. I would really recommend this school.

Richmond Elementary School 1

Posted April 08, 2009
The school is without focus, which is directly attributable to the Principal. It is strange how 4th Graders, who should be getting daily homework have none, while 2nd Graders are being overly burdened with multiple daily assignments. There also appears to be a lack of empathy with reagards to minor injuries. A simple bandaid does a lot to address the psychological aspect of pain, and allows a student to focus better on the tasks at hand.

Richmond Elementary School 4

Posted March 05, 2009
I have taught for 37 years, some of those years in huge Districts like LA and some in little tiny Districts, like Detroit, Oregon. I have a taught every grade level from K-12. So I feel qualified to rate a school. Richmond School is outstanding in its leadership, energy, determination to help every single child reach their potential, in caring about the daily lives of children, in modeling positive behavior and in bringing together a professional, experienced, cohesive staff that cares very much about this school. Every day is used to continue reaching our highest potential, to become one of the most successful elementary schools in this state. Most Sincerely, Diane Millican

Richmond Elementary School 3

Posted November 11, 2008
My daughter is a kindergarten student of Mr.Sherman. He is a dedicated teacher and my daughter truly enjoyes him and is learning. I will admit there are a few violent students in her class and the school has a generally violent feeling.

Richmond Elementary School 1

Posted October 25, 2007
This is a horrible school. Kids are violent and curse. The teachers do not take action to try and change this school. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted November 13, 2004
Richmond provides an excellent ERC classroom, with a teacher who my son absolutely adores. Ms. Carter has a very special ability with the children in her class, and it is apparrent that the kids connect with her. It is a joy to watch my son go to school here; it is certainly a positive environment for him.

466 Richmond Ave SE, Salem, OR  97301
Last modified Richmond Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.