Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I don't think they have enough room for children in classes for kindergarten and first graders, parents don't volunteer as much now as they use to and they don't have enough help.

Handles bullying effectively: Disagree

They deal with bullies by bulling them themselves my own child came home crying when he got in trouble and a teacher at recess said he punched another kid they never let him say anything they just kept saying why that's not nice you no better they grabbed him and took him to the office and called me when I got there he was just crying in the corner by himself making a child sit in the corner for something that long then not finding out what happen , well after some good hugs and kisses and he calmed down another kid had kicked him in the stomach but the teacher didn't see that and because she yelled at my kid he was afraid of her.

Supports LD students: Neutral

I have a son with disabilities and when he was age 7-11 they never had support for him we went to another school miles away not mad about it but now they have children with learning disabilities which I'm fine with but if children need extra help and and one on one they should learn to not over load there staff because children without learning differences still need help learning too

Effective school leaders: Disagree

I think sometimes they think all kids think the same way I do not agree with the teaching skills they use especially the discipline one

Develops character: Neutral

All schools do that once again it's about the teachers who care and don't

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

It depends on the grade level there always great teachers who are there for the right reason but as my children grow up the ones that struggle with work I notice teachers trying to make excuses why they don't get it

Amount of homework: Neutral

Homework should be work that didnt get done at school some teachers do that others use it as a way to tell u your child doesn't understand so there sending it home to you to help them.

This school so far has been stupid!!! The kindergarden is half days which where we came from was full days and then they have furloug days? Meaning that they are tooo cheap to keep the kids for school on those days also something I have never heard of before OREGON! The teacher hasnt taken my sons homework out of his backpack in 3 days and he is already having bullies on the bus making fun of him while nobody does anything. Thus far not very happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My son is in his second year attending this school {he's in first grade}, & we have had a wonderful experience so far :) The teachers in the LRC are outstanding. My son went from being in a pull out reading group, to testing high for his grade level this year! We also really appreciate the counselor. Looking forward to my younger son also attending this extraordinary school!

Both my older sons went to Sumpter. And in one more year our youngest will be in kindergarten and we are so happy he will be going to Sumpter as well. The teachers are very caring - The counselor is wonderful and helpful as ever. The special ed resource teachers are also very helpful , wonderful and good advocates for our children. I have one son w/ autism and they did great w/ my son. I think Sumpter is probably one of the best elementaries in Salem. Were just lucky our boys got to go there and then our youngest will in 2009..=)

Last modified Sumpter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.