Salem, OR

Sumpter Elementary School 1

Posted September 30, 2013
This school so far has been stupid!!! The kindergarden is half days which where we came from was full days and then they have furloug days? Meaning that they are tooo cheap to keep the kids for school on those days also something I have never heard of before OREGON! The teacher hasnt taken my sons homework out of his backpack in 3 days and he is already having bullies on the bus making fun of him while nobody does anything. Thus far not very happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted March 28, 2010
My son is in his second year attending this school {he's in first grade}, & we have had a wonderful experience so far :) The teachers in the LRC are outstanding. My son went from being in a pull out reading group, to testing high for his grade level this year! We also really appreciate the counselor. Looking forward to my younger son also attending this extraordinary school!

Sumpter Elementary School 3

Posted June 10, 2009

Posted August 22, 2008
Both my older sons went to Sumpter. And in one more year our youngest will be in kindergarten and we are so happy he will be going to Sumpter as well. The teachers are very caring - The counselor is wonderful and helpful as ever. The special ed resource teachers are also very helpful , wonderful and good advocates for our children. I have one son w/ autism and they did great w/ my son. I think Sumpter is probably one of the best elementaries in Salem. Were just lucky our boys got to go there and then our youngest will in 2009..=)

Posted December 31, 2007

Posted November 28, 2007
We love Sumpter! Great teachers, the best principal, and safe.

Sumpter Elementary School 0

Posted November 26, 2007
This is a wonderful school, one of the best in Salem! My son went here and now my daughter and I'm very happy with it.

Posted August 09, 2006
Wonderful teachers and administration. All four of my kids have attended or our currently attending Sumpter. It is a great school. Many in Salem get in-district transfers so their kids can attend Sumpter because it's such a good school.

Posted August 05, 2005
Outstanding principal, school counselor and teachers, positive learning environment and sensitive to special needs kids.

Sumpter Elementary School
525 Rockwood St SE, Salem, OR  97306
Last modified Sumpter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sumpter Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top