Bad
Good

I have one kid in school at Washington and a second about to start. I have been very happy with the teachers and principal. Recently, I went through the front door after school let out because my son forgot his jacket. I was approached by two attentive teachers who asked me if I checked in at the office and if there was anything they could help me with. I have not been inside the school for a few months (my wife usually has interaction with the school) and it took the second teacher a few seconds to recognize me. I know they were approaching me out of concern for student safety and I was very impressed at how alert and aware they were. I have been impressed with Washington overall but I worry about my kids transitioning to Waldo, which is right next door. Fortunately, that is a few years away.

The new priciple is only accesible by phone. I have yet to see her in the hallway before school starts. I did manage to speak to her on the phone and felt like it was a waste of time. I have safety concerns for the students before and after school. She was not interested in discussing it with a parent that is there every morning and afternoon.

My child went to private school prior to attending washington and after 4 months at washington her reading skills accelerated to above level.She also loves to read now .They could improve communications with parents and there teachers, I find out about an activity the day it is occurring, and I need more notice then that.

Last modified Washington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.