Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Most of the teachers in this schools are good! I only had a problem with about 14% of them. Being one of the few black kids in this school was ok... Of course theirs the racist kids but a lot of them seemed to like the black kids.

Develops character: Neutral

I don't feel like the punishment were fair most of the time. Also the teachers and staff that don't like you punish you overboard! I had 60 citations and serving lunch detention for like a month until I finally told my mom... I only new about 5 of those citations and the others I had know clue about, nor did I do anything wrong…

Overall the teachers at this school are very good and my son had a great 3 years. He came from an elementary school that had a great administration. It was immediately clear this would be a new experience. The administration seems to find it impossible that any of their teachers regardless of their school wide reputation could be the problem. I think the school administration would benefit from benchmarking their individual teachers against results from other teachers within and without their school. I believe it would be quite revealing. My son has always done well in math. The 8th grade was a constant struggle with his teacher. The administration was largely unhelpful. I think Leslie could be a great school with a little more proactive administration involvement in evaluating teachers that have had complaints from students and parents alike.

Leslie Middle School has inventive, creative staff and supportive parents and community.

I love leslie! I found the students to be incredibly intellectual and not at all materialistic. There are so many different extra curricular activities for the students and parents to get involved in. the electives are amazing and the teachers are awesome! I really enjoyed my last year here and I will be sad to leave.

I went to leslie when I was in 7th and 8th grade, and despite its extra curriculars, it was one of the worst schools I have even attended. If you dont have money in the bank, I dont recomend sending your child there. It is a school whos morals, and ethics are centered around money, and who has the newest everything, and the teachers were no exeption. They need to focus more on on academics, and making people feel like they belong there.

I agree with person number two. I'm only in seventh grade and I love this school more than elementary. The opportunities rock and the teacher are great. you make many frieds and I just love this school

I have been going to Leslie all three years and without a doubt I can say that it is the best middle school in Salem. The teachers are amazing and I have really grown over the past three years. I have done volleyball and track at leslie, and there are many many more activites you can do.Without my great experience at leslie,I would definitely not be where I am right now. I will be sad to leave leslie because I will miss almost everything about it.

Last modified Leslie Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.