Bad
Good

HSCS is an excellent school! I have gone to this school for the past 2 years, and sadly this coming year will be my last. I have loved every min of being at Howard Street. The teachers are so caring about you, education wise, but they also personally care. The classes at HSCS are great~ you take drama, Spanish, and art for all 3 years, and not to mention science. The homework they give isn t boring old work sheets, it s project fun projects I may add! Your brain is constantly being used and it s awesome! When I got into Howard Street, I knew no one. I was afraid that I was going to become the odd man out, but I have made friend ships that will last a lifetime. At Howard, people accept you...for you! You don't have to use a mask to cover up who you really are, just be you! I love Howard Street Charter School

The class sizes are kept small so the teachers have the ability to really get to know their students and bring out the best in them. The teachers there are SO caring. I couldn't be happier that my daughter goes there and I hope my youngest gets in too, when the time comes.

Well balanced, well rounded and great staff attitude!

Gives students an introduction to the arts.

At HSCS students participate fully in their own education. Because it is a public school and acceptance is by lottery it is not exclusive. This school demonstrates that all students can excel if given high expectations as well as a nurturing environment.

I have to say, this school is a great one. Its a very art-sy school, and i love it. People that love to be on stage should be here. Musicians, dancers, singers, and actors. I love this school. There are teachers who are great at this school. Ones that you can learn from a lot. We take a lot of feild trips, and really go into depth about certian subjects. We are currently making a fesible for fair trade. I would completly reccoment this school, but make sure that you or your child likes to be on stage, if not it probably is not the best place for them to be. If so, it is perfect for them. I love this school a lot, and learned so much from it.( I really want to say to look forward to the sludge test in science, because its one of my favorite things!)

howard street was probably the best place for me to go. The teachers are great and so are the activities that we got to to as a school. HSCS totally rocks. -taylor-

this school is sooo great the students have fun and they have a really cool principal and they have very many extracurricular activities.

Last modified Howard Street Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.