St. Vincent De Paul School

Private | PK-6 | 87 students

Living in Salem

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $110,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $680.

Sweep tile

Posted yesterday

3rd generation at this school.My father, aunts and uncles went to this school. My cousins and I gradutaed from here. My son recently graduated and my youngest son is in 5th grade.This school has so much to offer to the children and families. The teachers are so talented and the administration is wonderful.The faith and values the children receive are outstanding. You grow as a family while your children attend here. Lasting friendships not only for your children but for yourself. The parents are higly invovled.This is a place that will enrich you for a lifetime. I am so glad it is still educating children. You have to check out for yourself. there are so many rewards to this school.

Posted July 13, 2013

I went to St. Vincent's many years ago. I loved it. My education there was the best prep for college I could ever have. I graduated from there in 1971. It was the best and I hope others have the same experience. Have fun !

Posted May 17, 2011

My son began in the 5 day per week PreK program & is now in the 5th grade & thriving. I really like the combined classrooms because it give him a chance to excell above his grade level. My daughter is currently in the 5 day per week PreK program & loving it! At her last review, her teacher said she was "kindergarden ready" at age 4!! Excellent school & teachers.

Posted August 6, 2009

My two sons attend this school, we love it! Very high parent involvment, loving atmosphere, we are totally accepted even though we are not catholic. Teachers respect our Christian religon, discussing religious ed w/ me before it is taught. Family atmosphere, Teachers love the students, Carol in the office is like a second mom to all. Highly reccomend this school, no matter your religion.

Posted September 19, 2008

This school uses blended grade classes to enhance achievement for students. All classes have core subjects instruction at same time so students can move between classrooms to meet their academic needs. They expect a high degree of respect and responsibility. Nice little school with high degree of parent involvement.

Posted September 28, 2007

This school is a small (128) neighborhood private school. They offer Preschool (3 yr. olds), prekindergarten (4 yrs. old), full day Kindergarten, and grades 1st-6th. Planned for 2008-2009 is the addition of 7th and 8th grades. Elective band and choir are available. A licensed school counselor, music and PE specialists add to the school offerings. Diversity is celebrated in this Catholic loving and learning community. Very supportive and active Parent Club helps new families become involved. My five children attend the school.

Posted May 31, 2006

We love St. V's. Our eldest son started in 3 yr old preschool and is now in third grade. On recent testing his reading and math levels were in the junior/high school range. St. V's has a fabuluous music program. The kids are encouraged to be in band and the choir sings at mass. Both of our children participate in CYO sports with other area catholic school kids. Our youngest has also been attending since pre-school. His teacher told us that she thought it would be hard to beat his brother's skills but he is even more advanced! His cousin asked him why he loves his school so much he said because they get to go to church and the teachers! We attribute our children's success to the loving and learning environment and excellent staff! We have made lifelong friendships from volunteering with the other parents. We highly recommend St. V's!

Posted March 31, 2005

I love this school! My daughter started the preschool program when she was three, she went two days a week, three hours each day. The four year old program is a 5 day a week, 3 hr program. She is currently in Kindergarden and reads, writes, is articulate, and has been doing math. Since the school is small, she knows all the teachers, the administrative staff, and most of the parent volunteers. She is thriving at St Vincent and I've already registered my son for preschool. The school has students up to 6 grade, and the upper classmen read to the younger students and they do spend some recess time together before/after lunch. All the kids look out for each other and they know each other by name. Its a wonderful school. I'm looking forward to many more years at St V's!

Two or more races 22% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 1% N/A
Asian 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • CYO Swimming (2009)
  • CYO Basketball (2008)
  • CYO Swimming (2007)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 8:15
School end time
  • 3:15
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (503) 363-1516

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Foreign languages taught

Foreign languages spoken by staff
Transportation options
  • None
  • Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Portland

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • All parents are required to volunteer a minimum of 25 hours, with most families giving much more time.