Salem, OR
Before care: Yes

Posted April 30, 2014
We are a small school. Wonderful staff & parents. Reasonable tuition rates, financial aid available. My daughter loves it here!

Posted April 27, 2014
I went to St Vincent's school as a child and now my son and niece go there. The school has smaller class sizes and I feel if my son were to go to a larger school he would be lost. With the smaller classes the kids get more undivided attention on the areas that they struggle. The principle and residing priest are blessings in more ways than not. Their main goal is the well being of all the students. If not for them I feel the school would no longer be around. Since we are a small school we are always looking to raise funds for up keep and new books or electronics for the kids to use.

Posted April 25, 2014
I was a parent and now a grandparent whose children and grandchildren went and still does go to the school. The parents of the students going to the school become like family to each other. One of the greatest gifts the school gives is the choice of education for their children. The school gives meaning and depth to the lives of the families who attends the school while it fosters values that are the hope for tomorrow. The rich traditions of the church, our school's community culture, and the amazing parental involvement attract students of diverse backgrounds, family incomes, races and religions. The school is committed to meeting the educational and spiritual needs of the children. It is a great school fostering a loving and caring environment for its students.

Posted April 22, 2014
3rd generation at this school.My father, aunts and uncles went to this school. My cousins and I gradutaed from here. My son recently graduated and my youngest son is in 5th grade.This school has so much to offer to the children and families. The teachers are so talented and the administration is wonderful.The faith and values the children receive are outstanding. You grow as a family while your children attend here. Lasting friendships not only for your children but for yourself. The parents are higly invovled.This is a place that will enrich you for a lifetime. I am so glad it is still educating children. You have to check out for yourself. there are so many rewards to this school.

Posted July 13, 2013
I went to St. Vincent's many years ago. I loved it. My education there was the best prep for college I could ever have. I graduated from there in 1971. It was the best and I hope others have the same experience. Have fun !

Posted August 06, 2009
My two sons attend this school, we love it! Very high parent involvment, loving atmosphere, we are totally accepted even though we are not catholic. Teachers respect our Christian religon, discussing religious ed w/ me before it is taught. Family atmosphere, Teachers love the students, Carol in the office is like a second mom to all. Highly reccomend this school, no matter your religion.

St. Vincent De Paul School 4

Posted September 19, 2008
This school uses blended grade classes to enhance achievement for students. All classes have core subjects instruction at same time so students can move between classrooms to meet their academic needs. They expect a high degree of respect and responsibility. Nice little school with high degree of parent involvement.

Posted September 28, 2007
This school is a small (128) neighborhood private school. They offer Preschool (3 yr. olds), prekindergarten (4 yrs. old), full day Kindergarten, and grades 1st-6th. Planned for 2008-2009 is the addition of 7th and 8th grades. Elective band and choir are available. A licensed school counselor, music and PE specialists add to the school offerings. Diversity is celebrated in this Catholic loving and learning community. Very supportive and active Parent Club helps new families become involved. My five children attend the school.

Posted May 31, 2006
We love St. V's. Our eldest son started in 3 yr old preschool and is now in third grade. On recent testing his reading and math levels were in the junior/high school range. St. V's has a fabuluous music program. The kids are encouraged to be in band and the choir sings at mass. Both of our children participate in CYO sports with other area catholic school kids. Our youngest has also been attending since pre-school. His teacher told us that she thought it would be hard to beat his brother's skills but he is even more advanced! His cousin asked him why he loves his school so much he said because they get to go to church and the teachers! We attribute our children's success to the loving and learning environment and excellent staff! We have made lifelong friendships from volunteering with the other parents. We highly recommend St. V's!

Posted March 31, 2005
I love this school! My daughter started the preschool program when she was three, she went two days a week, three hours each day. The four year old program is a 5 day a week, 3 hr program. She is currently in Kindergarden and reads, writes, is articulate, and has been doing math. Since the school is small, she knows all the teachers, the administrative staff, and most of the parent volunteers. She is thriving at St Vincent and I've already registered my son for preschool. The school has students up to 6 grade, and the upper classmen read to the younger students and they do spend some recess time together before/after lunch. All the kids look out for each other and they know each other by name. Its a wonderful school. I'm looking forward to many more years at St V's!

St. Vincent De Paul School
1015 Columbia Street Northeast, Salem, OR  97301
Last modified St. Vincent De Paul School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
St. Vincent De Paul School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top