Salem, OR
After care: No

Posted December 16, 2014
I removed my student from Western Mennonite because of changes in administration and faculty. Longtime teachers have been fired and replaced with first year teachers. The highly qualified head administrator has been replaced by a semi-professional fund raiser. It is not the same school that earned the five-star reviews. My child is doing very well in the public school and I am vey thankful that we were able to experience WMS when it was a good Christian school in more than name only.

Posted October 27, 2014
Excellent teachers, great atmosphere, and a very friendly administration. There have been negative reviews because of the recent firing of a popular teacher but the school is still great overall.

Posted October 01, 2014
Really just very disappointed by the leadership of this school. It's sad to admit what was once a place I bragged about my child attending is a place that doesn't reflect Christ or even a quality environment. When your mature & focused high school student can't even step onto campus without feeling sick to their stomach, you know it's not a place were Christ resides.

Posted September 15, 2014
Very concerned by the recent actions of the administration. Questionable decisions, lack of professionalism, and poor leadership is taking Western down a path that doesn't reflect a Christ-like walk, and apparently departing from their Mennonite heritage. The school used to have a great reputation, now it's not a viable option for a school.

Western Mennonite School 2

Posted April 19, 2014
Teachers are great- excellent class size but very limited scheduling choices and electives. Administration is very small minded and prejudiced. Teacher turnover is a sign that something is amiss. Students are often treated questionably depending on how much money their parents donate or if they play boys varsity basketball. Practicing the moral code the administration insists they stand for is not seen by parents and alumni. They need to get their act together.....They are needing some fresh Christian oriented leaders. As a parent I have been pleased with the learning but very unhappy with the politics and poor P.R. Very sad to see school image being tarnished after so many years of good.

Posted March 31, 2014
My son attends Western and is thriving both academically and spiritually. The teachers and staff are amazing. It is like a great big family. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted August 21, 2013
Academics-5 star Spiritual Talk-5 star Spiritual Walk- 3 star Drug Use Ignored- 4 star Bullying Tolerated - 4 star UnChrist-like Administration-4 star There are some amazing teachers, coaches, students & staff. BUT, they live in a bubble of passiveness which makes anyone afraid to stand up for what's right.

Posted March 26, 2013
I graduated from Western last year and really enjoyed the two years I had there. Western is like my home-- I lived in dorm and love it!! I have good relationships with my teachers. Faculty members respond to students very fast and are very friendly. I am currently a freshman in college and would like to come back to visit Western every year!

Western Mennonite School 2

Posted May 04, 2012
From our experience all I can say is that I am not impressed. The main reason we sent our child to western mennonite was because he was being bullied in the public school. We were told there was no tolerance for this kind of behavior. From our experience this is not the case. There are other concerns that we have seen, and that is why I will be pulling my child from western mennonite and not be allowing my other child to attend.

Western Mennonite School 0

Posted September 26, 2010
Western is a family like school where everyone encourages one another! The staff are also very friendly!!!

Western Mennonite School
9045 Wallace Rd NW, Salem, OR  97304
(503) 363-2000
Last modified Western Mennonite School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
Western Mennonite School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top