PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Salem Academy Christian Elementary School 3

Posted May 21, 2014
We were excited to start my daughter's schooling at Salem Academy. They have great teachers, friendly staff and the kids generally have fun. Fast forward to 2014 and my daughter's second year at Academy in the Preschool Program and they still have great teachers, friendly staff (for the most part) and the kids still have fun. Parent involvement is good, but there isn't much in diversity. If you don't fit the ideals (even though you pay for your child's education like everyone else), you're viewed as an outsider by the parents. The school is great with the kids, but lets face it, the parents make a huge difference. Just because they are involved doesn't make it fabulous. The parents can be very exclusive, which makes it less inviting for others who may want to get involved. Since the same kids/parents you start with seem to be the same kids/parents you continue your journey with we decided NOT to return to Salem Academy for the K-12 years of school. In our short two year experience, we started off loving Salem Academy and now can't wait for our child to be done.

Posted March 06, 2013
Hi, could a staff member give a brief explanation of your PE/Fitness program?! Wondering if lifetime activities are taught and if nutrition and health are incorporated into the lessons! Also, are the lessons creative and diverse for different types of learners? Thanks! : )

Posted January 01, 2007
We have been so blessed by this school, our son and daughter receive the one on one attention that is dwindling by the day in public schools and their academic achievement shows it. The money that we spend is definitely well spent.

Posted November 05, 2005
I love this school - it is worth every penny. The level of education is above the public schools in Salem and the teachers and staff are excellent. The music, PE and art programs are top -notch.The school does an excellent job of keeping parents involved in whats going on and involved in the classroom. I think the standard of what is good behavior is higher here and they educate the whole child. My husband and I are hoping to send our son to Salem Academy for all 12 years of school.

Posted October 24, 2005
For this review, I'm talking about the West Campus of Salem Academy. My husband and I have been satisfied with the education our sons have received. One great thing about the campus is that they have art, music, library, and PE pull-out classes with qualified, experienced teachers. I've been pleased with the current principal and quite happy with my first grader's education thus far. They use a combination of programs for their academics, and I've found them to have a very cohesive feel. Parents are involved to a great level and help with fund raisers, in classrooms, etc.

Salem Academy Christian Elementary School
255 College Drive NW B, Salem, OR  97304
Last modified Salem Academy Christian Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6