Salem, OR

Sonshine School 4

Posted March 04, 2011
My daughter attends for preschool and daycare. I appreciate the structure and consistency of the program. Curriculum themes (seasons, colors, holidays, etc) are integrated with reading, pre-writing and storytelling, counting, art, and music (my daughter loves to sing the songs she's learned) and biblical stories. She is proud to know about rules, consequences, manners, and personal responsibility: i.e. clean up, sharing, communicating, etc. and has made many friends. She loves her teacher and the day care staff, all of whom are warm, knowledgeable, gentle and supportive. And she comes home happy! What could be improved? At drop-off, we working parents are in a rush, and the staff isn't as cohesive as I believe they could be in helping with the transition . . . it's a little bumpy. I've seen where teachers and staff come to the car to get the kids and bring them in: I liked it because it saves time and the transition is clear-cut. Other than this minor issue, Sonshine School has been a blessing for us and I would highly recommend it.

Sonshine School 5