Salem, OR

Posted December 30, 2013
Going to this school was one of the worst experiences of my life. I felt very excluded from the other students and experienced a lot of bullying by those who were part of the "popular" crowd. This school only cares about money and the students whose parents donate to the school or pay the full tuition get treated better than the students who are on financial aid. Not only that but their "education" is a joke. None of their classes prepare students for college and when I switched to a public school after going to high school here for a year and a half I found myself behind. I received a much higher quality education at a nearby public school and had the chance to earn 26 college credits before I graduated, a chance I never would have gotten at Blanchet. Do yourself a favor and go to public school instead.

Posted October 18, 2013
Although this is a catholic college preparatory school they invite all faiths and even non-faith affiliated students. We attend Blanchet for the education. Having raised my previous children in the public school system I found this to be money well spent. We live on a limited budget. At first glance the tuition scared us. We have found all they do in teaching our child will save us college classes by him being further along than had he chosen the public path. They work hard to also assist their students with scholarships while attending Blanchet, and scholarships for college. We pay the full tuition with no assistance. It has been worth every penny! We never hear a word about teachers being over worked, under paid, etc. I only hear conversations about the students, and their needs. They have exceeded our expectations.

Posted October 17, 2013
We moved to Blanchet Catholic School last fall, coming from a local public middle school. At the public middle school we had problems with foul language in the hallways, bullying, crowded classrooms, lack of homework, and presence of drugs. We are so grateful to have come to Blanchet. Academically, and as a college prep school, Blanchet offers challenging work, small classroom sizes, and individual attention. Socially, the students are well-mannered, polite, and respectful. Athletics are easy to participate in, even for new to sport players. There are many extra-curricular activities for your kids. The leadership at the school is incredibly strong. This is the first year the kids have actually been excited for the end of spring break to get back to school. We love Blanchet!

Posted August 28, 2013
I have a child at this school and it is amazing! I love the family atmosphere and the warm loving environment. The comments that I have read on here are shocking and definitely NOT the experience that I have had.

Posted February 18, 2013
Absolutely Horrible School, with horrible educators. I am a college professor and never in my life have I seen such terrible schooling. I am ashamed for sending my daughters here. Their science lab is a joke, and their sports programs are taken way to seriously. The Vice Principle is mean and intimidating. I do not agree with the one comment where it said "If you don't pay full price, you don't get treated right"....because I payed full price and still got treated like garbage. It has been 5 years, so maybe they have changed, but from what I have heard they are all the same. There was even a teacher that they just fired (after like 10 years) that was reportedly behaving inappropriately toward female students (how disgusting).

Posted October 27, 2012
I remember that there was this one teacher that was mimicking and making fun of my daughter right in front of everyone, and all the students joined in and laughed. It was so rude. She ran home crying that day, and I went straight to the school and talked to them but they didn't even care, or do anything for us. I think it was because I was getting financial aid.. I also had another daughter enrolled in Mid High, and she said that one of the teachers told her to 'shut up' right in front of everyone....how unprofessional!!!! I took out both of my daughters and enrolled them in an Early College High School, and it was THE BEST decision I ever made. My daughters are getting MUCH HIGHER education this this joke of a school. And it is true, all of the teachers are so irresponsible and loose assignments frequently. I know I already mentioned this but, if you don't donate a lot of money to this school they pay no attention to you and your needs. I must mention that they have this huge graffiti writing logo thing on their wall when you walk in the mid-high commons and they spelt catholic wrong....tell me again how thats making our kids more educated/ sending the right message??

Posted September 16, 2012
This school is just downright sad. Oh my goodness don't send any kid here, at all, for their sake.

Blanchet School 4

Posted August 01, 2010
i go to Blanchet and i love it! Its sad reading the other reviews and seeing that some people felt so left out while being there. I will not argue that it didnt happen, and its true that blanchet, being the small school it is, doesnt offer very good help for people with readng disorders. But I am not rich or good looking but i have opened up to the blanchet expierience and have gotton a lot out of it. Going to a bigger school definetly has its benefits, but i think that if i wasnt going to blanchet i wouldnt be the person i was today. Its sad that high shcool has to be "cliquey", but I hope that everyone who goes to any school can find the right people to hang out with and make friends no matter what

Posted February 28, 2010