Bad
Good

Posted June 07, 2016
Mrs. O'Connor is a very dedicated teacher that goes above and beyond her job duties. She always pays attention to her students and with a smile. I wish more teachers were like her. Keep up the good work.

Hammond Elementary School 4

Posted September 01, 2014
Great school. No major issues other than getting corrections made to my child's registration records. Good teachers.

Hammond Elementary School 4

Posted July 21, 2014
Hammond Elementary. I think Hammond Elementary is a great school. Class sizes are big, but aren't they all? The teacher my daughter had for both kindergarten and 1st grade was amazing. Truly caring & dedicated.

Posted June 26, 2014
My daughter has going to this school for two years now and i would have say that the staff is good and they involve the family in after school activities. My daughter loves her teachers and enjoys going to school everyday.

Hammond Elementary School 2

Posted December 10, 2013
My daughter has been attending Hammond for 2 years now and I have to say the number of children in each class room is overwhelming and it really makes it challenging for kids to learn. It also seems like they have a problem with bullying and I personally have talked to a teacher and nothing really seems to change very upseting .

Hammond Elementary School 1

Posted May 28, 2013
Major Bullying issues from Staff and students. The principle has shown retaliation after complaints were filed.

Posted March 03, 2011
This school and its faculty are dedicated to bringing newer and more advanced technology to its students. They have implemented students moving to other teacher s class rooms for different subjects through out the day. (Similar to high school class periods) This gives the students an opportunity to refocus so they aren't getting bored and losing their concentration. Great job, keep up the good work.

Posted October 30, 2008
We love this school. I have 3 kids attending this year. All the teachers I have delt with are very involved and seem to enjoy their jobs. My kids come home knowing all sorts of new words. They are always learning. My 1st grader told me that the more he reads the more it builds his reading stamina. I was shocked! My 3rd grader taught me what onomatopoeia was. We are very impressed with Hammond Elementary.

Hammond Elementary School
4900 Bayne St NE, Salem, OR  97305
Last modified Hammond Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.