Bad
Good

Posted April 19, 2012
I am a student at West, and this school is the best there is in Oregon.

Posted October 28, 2010
This school has something for every student. The environment is open and welcoming, and the staff are very responsive--amazingly so. The music program is outstanding and is only getting better. The honors classes offered finally (after lackluster years in elementary and middle school) challenge my kids. Finally, the school counselors really care and work very hard to help college bound kids.

West Salem High School 3

Posted October 14, 2009
This school is okay. The school itself is great, and most of the teachers are amazing. But the spirit of the school is dead. And that takes a lot from it. I really dislike it there.

Posted October 28, 2008
west salem is hands down the best school in salem and maybe evan in oregon it is buetiful and the teachers and students are great! i love going to school here

Posted November 25, 2007
Excellent school. Dedicated teachers. Beautiful facility.

Posted September 12, 2005
West Salem High is by far the best well led school in the state that I have seen. The way are school elections run is by far the best that has been experimented with. As well we have an excellent staff that is great at working with kids and giveing good quality teaching methods. I will tell anyone to go to West Salem High any day.

West Salem High School 1

Posted June 01, 2005
This is a great school. The layout is very well designed and the classrooms are more like a college setting. I recommend the Youth and Law class because I think it's the best. My son loves all of his classes and will be sorry to leave because it has been a real bonding experience for both of us with all of their extracurricular activities that we share. West Salem is the best part of Salem because of the homes, school, and neighborhood. I hope it doesn't grow anymore than it has. It's always been our best kept secret.

Posted November 14, 2004
West Salem High School is an amazing school itself. It is gorgeous. All with their great school they also host an amazing vocal jazz group. They even have their own jazz festival! This is a great place to go if you want your kids to excel in the arts.

Posted August 12, 2003
West Salem is a school with great opportunities, I am a graduate of the first class of 2003 and I transferred my senior year from a small private school and I have never regretted that decision. I grew so much at West Salem with the teachers 1 on 1 attention. This year I am prepared to attend my four-year college in the fall and without the teachers and classes at West I would not have been prepared at all, I would have likely struggled, I would recommend West Salem High to anyone!

West Salem High School
1776 Titan Way, Salem, OR  97304
Last modified West Salem High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.