Bad
Good

Firwood Elementary School 5

Posted January 23, 2016
This is a wonderful little grade school in a country setting. There has been great strides made in academics over the past few years. Our children are thriving here. The principle and teachers are open and honest and make efforts to promote family involvement in our school. We have principle coffee hour monthly, family reading nights, family carnival, movie nights, and a learning open house. The summer reading program is fun! In my opinion, the greatest hurdle is family involvement. With numerous opportunities catering to parents, only handfuls take advantage. We are advancing swiftly in the right direction! This school school should eceive a 7-8 rating, and be one of the top in the district.

Firwood Elementary School 4

Posted June 09, 2014
My son attends this school. He went to the favored Kelso, but after our move I decided to have him attend firwood. The school seems to fit him better than Kelso did. His teacher is strict which is what he needs. It's a bit overcrowded in my opinion but it works. Needs drastic updating. Staff is excellent especially for my sensitive situation concerning custody. They call right away if he's been hurt it needs discipline. You don't hear much if the positives which I wish they did. All in all it is a good school and deserves a higher rating than a 4.

Firwood Elementary School 5

Posted January 10, 2014
After I went to this school 20+ years ago the last of my kids is a kindy this year. Though any inviroment is not perfect I feel the staff they have now is well meshed for all of my children's learning needs. I feel a friendly atmosphere where ever I am on campus: the office, lunchroom, or in my kid's classrooms. We are on our 2nd year with a principal, which is a positive step in the right direction to get the staff, parent group, and community supporters working together for a wonderful student atmosphere.

Firwood Elementary School 1

Posted May 31, 2012
The only time I feel welcome at this school is when the principal is there. The rest of the staff and teachers that I have met are very unfriendly and sometimes rude.

Firwood Elementary School
42900 SE Trubel Rd, Sandy, OR  97055
Last modified Firwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.