Posted September 26, 2014
I have 2 children that attend Hopkins. I have had the opportunity to experience the environment at the other elementary schools in Sherwood and feel that Hopkins is the best place for my children. They are not judged, but are met where they are and encouraged to grow and experience new things. They are supported and cared for by educators that truly have their best interests at heart. Teachers communicate openly creating a "learning highway" between the classroom and the home, and the leadership supports the needs of ALL students. Music, Art, PE, technology and Artist in Residence programs are consistent and enriching. WAY TO GO HOPKINS!!!!!

Posted May 22, 2014
I moved from out of state and my 2 kids started at Hopkins. I was coming in with a strong attitude. I didn't trust schools after a horrible experience with another school in the state we came from. At Hopkins they not only addressed all of my concerns they went above and beyond. My children have come so far since we moved here. It's great to watch them grow and learn. The teachers genuinely care. The principal does what he says he will.

Posted May 07, 2013
We have had 2 children in Hopkins for 2 years and the involvement and commitment from both the teachers and principal is outstanding. I have yet to run into another parent or student that feels otherwise. The facilities are great and the events put on with PTA involvement are numerous and top notch.

Posted May 06, 2013
This school is excellent. The teachers are enthusiastic, caring, and supportive. The principal is wonderful too - he knows the kids, spends time with them, and is well liked by both parents and students. The support staff - from the school counselor to the secretary - is fabulous too. Both our children have had great learning experiences at Hopkins. We are so happy to be at this school!

Posted January 23, 2013
This school is wonderful with all students! The teachers and staff care for the students and it shows! So glad to have my daughter here!

Posted February 22, 2012
My two children go to this school.. The teachers in Kindergarten and First grade are amazing. They are really involve with each child. The communication between teacher and parent is wonderful. I am very pleased with this school. I would have to say that they go out of their way to help a child reach their goals in school and outside of school.

Posted February 23, 2010

J Clyde Hopkins Elementary School 0

Posted October 13, 2009
Our principal gets to know each and every kid by first name. Our school's multipurpose room has the most fabulous 1950s plywood paneling I've ever seen! Ours is the oldest elementary in Sherwood, named one of the Top 10 small cities for families by Family Circle Magazine, 2009.

Posted June 21, 2009

J Clyde Hopkins Elementary School 0

Posted December 30, 2008
Hopins may be one of the oldest school buildings in Sherwood, but it is by and far the best elementary school Sherwood has to offer. My son is learning disabled and the faculty at Hopkins have bent over backwards to help keep him main-streamed. All the children at Hopkins are taught respect, and I see the evidence of that everytime I walk onto the campus. There has always been a lot of parent envolvement at Hopkins, and I hope the the new elemantary school can be just as good.

J Clyde Hopkins Elementary School
21920 SW Sherwood Blvd, Sherwood, OR  97140
Last modified J Clyde Hopkins Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J Clyde Hopkins Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top