Bad
Good

Posted May 19, 2016
If you want a school with diversity, and caring Teachers and staff then this is the school for your children! I am so proud that both my children attended this awesome school. It starts from he caring Office staff all the way to the teachers, lunch room and the SPED department. This school cares about kids learning and every day social interaction and so much more! They offer extra's like "Reading Restaurant","Relatives are Coming" as well as walking over to the Senior Centre to read to seniors. Could not be any happier to have my children attend Hopkins!!

Posted April 02, 2015
I will soon have three children attending Hopkins and I'm am so happy with this school! My two children who attend now are so happy and enjoy going to school every day. The teachers and staff are very friendly and eager to help if needed. My kiddos have been there for two years. I cannot give praise enough!

Posted November 23, 2014
This school is truly one of the best. The staff really cares about the students. They want the kids to be successful. And they go above and beyond to make sure they are. My kids love going to school there.

Posted September 26, 2014
I have 2 children that attend Hopkins. I have had the opportunity to experience the environment at the other elementary schools in Sherwood and feel that Hopkins is the best place for my children. They are not judged, but are met where they are and encouraged to grow and experience new things. They are supported and cared for by educators that truly have their best interests at heart. Teachers communicate openly creating a "learning highway" between the classroom and the home, and the leadership supports the needs of ALL students. Music, Art, PE, technology and Artist in Residence programs are consistent and enriching. WAY TO GO HOPKINS!!!!!

Posted May 22, 2014
I moved from out of state and my 2 kids started at Hopkins. I was coming in with a strong attitude. I didn't trust schools after a horrible experience with another school in the state we came from. At Hopkins they not only addressed all of my concerns they went above and beyond. My children have come so far since we moved here. It's great to watch them grow and learn. The teachers genuinely care. The principal does what he says he will.

Posted May 07, 2013
We have had 2 children in Hopkins for 2 years and the involvement and commitment from both the teachers and principal is outstanding. I have yet to run into another parent or student that feels otherwise. The facilities are great and the events put on with PTA involvement are numerous and top notch.

Posted May 06, 2013
This school is excellent. The teachers are enthusiastic, caring, and supportive. The principal is wonderful too - he knows the kids, spends time with them, and is well liked by both parents and students. The support staff - from the school counselor to the secretary - is fabulous too. Both our children have had great learning experiences at Hopkins. We are so happy to be at this school!

Posted January 23, 2013
This school is wonderful with all students! The teachers and staff care for the students and it shows! So glad to have my daughter here!

Posted February 22, 2012
My two children go to this school.. The teachers in Kindergarten and First grade are amazing. They are really involve with each child. The communication between teacher and parent is wonderful. I am very pleased with this school. I would have to say that they go out of their way to help a child reach their goals in school and outside of school.

J Clyde Hopkins Elementary School

Posted October 13, 2009
Our principal gets to know each and every kid by first name. Our school's multipurpose room has the most fabulous 1950s plywood paneling I've ever seen! Ours is the oldest elementary in Sherwood, named one of the Top 10 small cities for families by Family Circle Magazine, 2009.

J Clyde Hopkins Elementary School
21920 SW Sherwood Blvd, Sherwood, OR  97140
Last modified J Clyde Hopkins Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.