Bad
Good

This school is a huge disappointment. The teachers are lacking professionalism, communication and follow thru. Kids are expected to "self advocate" , as they always preach, but they won't stop to actually LISTEN to the kids, so what is the point? Even as a parent I get talked at, not to, and rudely as well. The staff is unfriendly and unwelcoming in the office and come across as disinterested. The counsolors run rampid. This institution really offers nothing of quality. A "convience store" education at best. We will not be returning for 7th grade.

My student just graduated with 23 college AP credits and is headed off to the University of Oregon. Hopkins, Middle School and High School were excellent and offered a wide range of sports and clubs for my kid throughout his time growing up in Sherwood.

I pulled my student out of this school after highly suspect behavior by more than one of the teachers. I only have directly experienced a few schools so I don't have much to measure against, but I will say this, I can't imagine a school getting much worse than this on an academic level. The facilty has a theory, spend money on what you want, then beg for what you need.

This has been a rotten year so far. The school is desperately overcrowded, the administration is reacting in petty ways, and the teachers and staff overall have a 'couldn't care less' attitude.

This school is not that great. Kids don't really seem to like each other. The teachers don't really focus on the students that much and the principal is too sweet to control the kids.

Really not happy with principle of this school. Less than thrilled about anything to do with this school. I am happy with most of the teachers we have had but that's about the extent of it.

This school is very overcrowded, we desperately need a new middle school. Principle is very nice. Some teachers are great, some not so great. These teachers should be role models, caring and supportive and I just am not seeing it. Very close to pulling my child out and putting in private school. I also think there is too much homework, too many hours spent each day doing homework. So overall, I'm not the happiest parent and cross my fingers for a new middle school or that things will improve.

Last modified Sherwood Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.