Sherwood Middle School 1

Posted January 25, 2013
This school is a huge disappointment. The teachers are lacking professionalism, communication and follow thru. Kids are expected to "self advocate" , as they always preach, but they won't stop to actually LISTEN to the kids, so what is the point? Even as a parent I get talked at, not to, and rudely as well. The staff is unfriendly and unwelcoming in the office and come across as disinterested. The counsolors run rampid. This institution really offers nothing of quality. A "convience store" education at best. We will not be returning for 7th grade.

Sherwood Middle School 4

Posted July 22, 2012
My student just graduated with 23 college AP credits and is headed off to the University of Oregon. Hopkins, Middle School and High School were excellent and offered a wide range of sports and clubs for my kid throughout his time growing up in Sherwood.

Sherwood Middle School 0

Posted March 07, 2009
I pulled my student out of this school after highly suspect behavior by more than one of the teachers. I only have directly experienced a few schools so I don't have much to measure against, but I will say this, I can't imagine a school getting much worse than this on an academic level. The facilty has a theory, spend money on what you want, then beg for what you need.

Sherwood Middle School 1

Posted December 02, 2008

Sherwood Middle School 4

Posted July 15, 2008

Sherwood Middle School 2

Posted February 19, 2008
This has been a rotten year so far. The school is desperately overcrowded, the administration is reacting in petty ways, and the teachers and staff overall have a 'couldn't care less' attitude.

Posted February 14, 2008
This school is not that great. Kids don't really seem to like each other. The teachers don't really focus on the students that much and the principal is too sweet to control the kids.

Posted June 04, 2007
Really not happy with principle of this school. Less than thrilled about anything to do with this school. I am happy with most of the teachers we have had but that's about the extent of it.

Posted October 22, 2006
This school is very overcrowded, we desperately need a new middle school. Principle is very nice. Some teachers are great, some not so great. These teachers should be role models, caring and supportive and I just am not seeing it. Very close to pulling my child out and putting in private school. I also think there is too much homework, too many hours spent each day doing homework. So overall, I'm not the happiest parent and cross my fingers for a new middle school or that things will improve.

Sherwood Middle School 5

Posted June 12, 2006
This is a great school with caring teachers and orderly classrooms. Kids are motivated and well-behaved.

Sherwood Middle School
21970 SW Sherwood Blvd, Sherwood, OR  97140
Last modified Sherwood Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sherwood Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top