Silverton, OR

Eugene Field Elementary School 1

Posted February 01, 2013
So next her mother resided to go volunteer and see if she could help the problem with my daughter being board all day. So after about a month or two she quit. She could not handle it any more. She told me there where about 5 kids out of my daughters class that were really smart and where in the same situation that our daughter was. They did their work and then wait and wait and wait. The teacher told us that she would try and make it more challenging for the kids and that did happen for about a week. My daughter like it and would come home with different facts to tell us. After the week it stopped and went back to the same routine. Finally at the parent teacher meeting. I was pulled aside by the teacher so no one could hear her. She told that my daughter that my daughter is very smart and I should really look into finding a new school because she was not being challenged and probably would not be this year. But now it was around half way through the year and my daughter had made some good friends witch is hard for her. Since she is so shy. So we desided we did not want to stunt her social growth by moving her to a differant school.So we stuck it out.

Eugene Field Elementary School 1

Posted April 15, 2012
I have about had it with Eugene Field. My daughter is in first grade there and has a duet with another student in their music program. The song they have chosen for her to sing discourages personal growth and references depression and disobedience as "just who I am." They have even had to edit out two lines in the song that reference suicide by hanging. I don't see how someone could think this is appropriate for a first grader. Before this my wife and I have had to fight with administrators just to get kids checked for lice which has broken out in two first grade classrooms and one kindergarten classroom that I know of. All the while we are assured everything is fine. Even the simplest prevention techniques, such as separating the kids jackets which currently hanging touching each other in the hall, is something that has to be requested individually. I understand the low test scores. It seems that very little is expected of them in school. We are encouraged to get a specialist's help for everything. I'm not in the classroom, so I don't know how things are, I'm basing my judgements on what I see at home and how parent-teacher conferences go.

Eugene Field Elementary School 5

Posted June 23, 2009
The staff at Eugene Field Elementary School are stellar. It begins with the intelligent and creative leadership of the principal and continues through all the dedicated and caring teachers and classified staff. Outstanding use of community resources to maximize educational opportunities. Truly an example for others!

Eugene Field Elementary School 5

Posted June 22, 2009
Eugene Field School has a talented and dedicated staff--starting with their caring principal. They keep parents informed. Everyone is dedicated to the success of all students. Thank you so much!

Eugene Field Elementary School 4

Posted June 27, 2005
This is a wonderful school for any child. I have been a parent volunteer here for years and have seen the teachers and staff at work. They are wonderful and caring to the children and families. This school is a wonderful place for any child to learn and grow!

Eugene Field Elementary School
410 North Water St, Silverton, OR  97381
Last modified Eugene Field Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eugene Field Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top