Bad
Good

Posted June 08, 2015
I feel the staff in the office has a lack of understanding when trying to explain issues. The secretary literally put words in my mouth, as she failed to understand what I needed from the school to resolve my issue. She only added to my frustration. When I tried to explain how she was wrong, she smiled at me and started helping someone else that walked into the office. Very unprofessional!!!

Posted November 18, 2012
My daughter has gone to this school a total of two days. They did not tell us when we enrolled that she needed to bring a snack. So snack time came and snack less the teacher made my 9 year old ADHD/bipolar daughter sit there and watch all the other kids eat. My daughter traumatized said, "But miss Gorge I am hungry." The teacher replied, lunch is in an hour." How is that fair? Are the less fortunate kids who cannot afford snacks made to sit there and watch everyone else eat as well? How is this right? How is this fair?

Douglas Gardens Elementary School 5

Posted February 01, 2005
I have three children. Two of them attend Douglas Gardens. My oldest is now in fourth grade,and my middle child is in second grade.They have both attended this school since they were in kindergarten.I have had nothing but wonderful experieces with this school. The teachers have all been loving and caring. My youngest child will start kindergarten there this fall. Douglas Gardens your great!

Douglas Gardens Elementary School 4

Posted January 21, 2005
Wow...I just read the parent comment before me, and I was amazed at how harsh it was. Both of my daughters have attended this school since K. (one now in middle school)and I have had 0 problems with the staff or their lack of love and support for my girls. The only problem I ever had was with the previous Principal..as a matter of fact, when we lived out of district, I made the drive to keep them where they were happy. Keep up the good work D.G.!

Posted December 09, 2004
I cannot think of the exact words to mention here. No effort has been made on getting my son the extra reading and math help he needs even though I requested it. Staff has on several occasions, brought parental issues up to my children instead of to me, as though it was their problem, not mine. Safety complaints that have been made have not been resolved even though several complaints have been made in the past 2 months. I do not see staff having a love and care for children as they should. The principal is very slow to return any letters or comments. I contacted the department of justice, did the principal finally contact me. I give a -10 for this school and plan on transferring my children as soon as possible unless issues are resolved to my satisfaction.

Douglas Gardens Elementary School
3680 Jasper Rd, Springfield, OR  97478
Last modified Douglas Gardens Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.