Bad
Good

As a student of Hamlin Middle school I am very disappointed and am considering not going back for my 3rd year. My 6th grade year transitioning into middle school was awful but, i was able to keep my grades up and exceed all my classes. i had been an all A student throughout my school career, and had never gotten a referral in my life. (I was a bit of a goody-two-shoes.) 7th grade year going into Hamlin Middle school I found that i had been put into the same math all over again. Even though I was 2 grade levels ahead and had exceeded all of my tests and classes. This caused me to lose interest and become bored. When I reached out for help to try and get moved up to a more advanced class I was told that it was too much effort to transfer me and I would just have to deal. I was, to be honest, insulted! So my grades began to fail because I refused to do the work over again. I was fed up with the insubordinate behavior of the teachers and staff at Hamlin Middle School. Which was dumb on my part but, teenagers do some stupid things in the heat of passion. I began getting more bored and bored frustrated, and I became rebellious and started to get referral after referral.

I don't like the school because, my teachers were mean, and I know that's what everybody says, but they sent a new kid out for not following rules! They always say quote on quote, "We want you to eat healthy because of the growing diabetes." then they give us a greasy patty. And the homework is unreal. they expect us to learn, understand, and finish homework that day. It looks pretty but it is horrible. We are forced to write WE LOVE HAMLIN! When we really want is to write STOP THE MADNESS! If a teacher is wrong, and was the bully (this happen to me, principle supported the teacher) then you don't have the power to stop it! Parent OR Student! But there are nice teachers I wouldn't change for the world. Some teachers I can't and won't forget. I have good memories, but alot more bad. I didn't leave only because of my friends. Choose if you want to go/send your child here. I can't stop you, but I can warn you.

We had considered Briggs for middle school, only because of the negative things friends had said about Hamlin. I am so glad we went with our gut and sent our son to Hamlin! What a wonderful place. The staff is incredible, nothing short of involved and caring! What a wonderful thing for these students! The booster club this year is coming together for some great events for our kids! I look forward to being part of this great school. Would love to see more parent involvement though.

Hamlin is the best middle school ever. I went there 6-8 grade and it was amazing. All the teachers were very supportive and they recognized my strengths and my weakness's. I would definately suggest this school for middle schoolers.

Hamlin is a great school. Going on the 3rd year now, the principal, vice-principal and staff have worked super hard to change the climate to a positive and healthy one. There is so much going on to get positive progress for students at all levels. It is a totally new climate at Hamlin! The Booster Club could use more parents getting involved, but even with current member, they do an awesome job supporting the school and their students. More parents need to get involved - especially at the middle school level!!!

Hamlin does not have the best reputation, although my personal experience is opposite of that. Hamlin staff has worked with me very closly when it comes to assisting my children with they're education. I am very involved with what happens with my kids and they're interactions with teacher's and peers. What I have found is like anything you get out what you put into it. I appreciate the staff tremendously, and I'm glad my children were able to attend Hamlin

An awsome school to learn in!Their is great teachers && the best principal ever!!!

This school was intresting compared to the other schools I went to around the country. Although acedemic classes are limited here, it has a friendly atmosphere and have many parent involement. Though many students complain how food is bad or teachers are mean, overall it's an average school like any other middle school. The teachers are very supportive and helpful but the principle's leadership is still a question since he is new to this school.

Last modified Hamlin Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.