Sutherlin, OR

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted June 09, 2015
Read my review to understand why I will not recommend this school to any of my friends!!!

Amount of homework: Not enough

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 09, 2015
read my review to understand why this school is not good. I would never recommend this school to any of my friends.

West Sutherlin Intermediate School 1

Posted June 09, 2015
when I got my First Semester report card. I had 3 D's and 2 C's typical grades back then. I have since improved immensely do to the willingness to help by my current teachers. Anyway when my Second Semester report card came in the mail, it showed the grades from the previous semester in order to show if I improved or not. The grades for the first semester on this report card said 3 F's and 2 C's. The current ones were the Second Semester grades were still 3 D's and 2 C's. In reality I didn't improve nor did I get worse grades. The had edited my grades to make it look like I had improved. In there eyes as long as I am improving the government thinks they are doing their job.

West Sutherlin Intermediate School 2

Posted May 09, 2013
I agree with the second person, I am a student and my teacher bullies me. I don't agree about the report cards, though. I think people can handle it. Because I'm afraid to even whisper in class alot, I have very few friends on the playground. My teacher'll even embarass me in front of the class, making me look like a moron. I'm glad I only have a little while until I can have a new teacher.

West Sutherlin Intermediate School 5

Posted January 24, 2013
A comment leads one to believe they have always had low test scores, the staff is lacking as well as poor education. Test scores from 2007-10 show they have done nothing but improve. Comparing the two schools you will see West an intermediate school is graded on three years 4th-6th where East is a primary school graded on only third grade. East is rated for test results in 3rd grade reading and math. West is graded on reading, writing, math, then science for 5th grade. East is rated on its performance on state standardized testing. West is rated based on state test results. The staff is amazing. We just moved here in October, met with the principal and he checked on our student three times on that first day. This week my husband went to pick up our daughter. The principal did not let him. He had not been to the school in four months as he works. They sent him to the office to check her out, then met him out front, walked him to the classroom to ask our child can you leave with him? An officer is in front of the school and there presence is known. She loves the teachers and kids, I would never change to Oakland and never let my her miss the out on the education given to her at West

West Sutherlin Intermediate School 2

Posted September 14, 2012
West Intermediate (4-6) takes the great kids and families coming out of 3rd grade from East Primary and, slowly but surely, sucks the life out of them. How do you explain East Primary school routinely rating "Met" and "Outstanding" on state report cards, and West Intermediate school routinely rating "Does NOT Meet" and "Needs Improvement"? It's the same kids and same parents transferring from East to West, so it's obviously staff and administration that makes the difference, and it's been this way for years. No excuses, West. It's time to make some big changes. Transfer to Oakland if possible, instead of going to West Intermediate. This school starts the downhill slide from the great start to education at East Primary to the poor education in the secondary schools of Sutherlin.

531 North Comstock Rd, Sutherlin, OR  97479
Last modified West Sutherlin Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 4-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Sutherlin Intermediate School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top