Charles F Tigard Elementary School 4

Posted January 27, 2014
My daughter's experience here has varied wildly for the last two years. We came to CFT at the beginning of 1st grade and it was a hard, long year for her. Her 1st grade teacher was disinterested and would tell us that expectations weren't high because it was just "first grade." Then we would get a report card saying our daughter was lacking in certain areas like turning in her homework even though the teacher had just told us it wasn't that important. When we tried to work with the teacher in coming up with a plan to help our daughter improve the teacher didn't do the things she agreed she would do to help. It was hard for my child as she was getting mixed signals from her parents and her disinterested teacher. But with second grade and we are just blown away! My child's homeroom teacher and reading teacher have gone above and beyond and truly do care about my daughter's success. She has improved markedly with dedication from all of us working together to rid her of the bad habits she was allowed to learn in first grade. "One bad apple can spoil the bunch" really applies here. We almost left CFT for private school due to our 1st grade experience. I am so glad we stuck it out.

Posted January 18, 2014
This school has some amazing teachers. It is so inviting to see the art up on the bulletin boards as you walk in. I like to see a school remember that art is just as important as core curriculum.

Posted August 01, 2013
My two kids currently attend CFT. If the school is measured by the dedication and quality of its teachers, CFT is tops. There has been some turnover in the administration (3 principals in my son's first three years there) but the current principal (heading in to year 3) is wonderful and it seems like she'll be around for a long while. Parent community is moderately active, monthly family events are well attended. A high percentage (60%, I think) of students are eligible for free and reduced lunch so we are a Title I school and get extra funding for that.

Posted May 01, 2013
Both of kids loved CFT. Our daughter still attends and loves her teachers. The principal is amazing. This is her second year at our school. Only thing lacking is more patent involvement. It's always the same parents doing all the work on events that benefit the kids and their is very little participation in the PSO. Would love to see more help from other families.

Posted April 10, 2012
Our kids love to go to CFT elementary school. I am amazed how much they learn there each day. What I personally like about this school is that teachers have high expectations of their students. Our kids are never bored in school.

Posted March 26, 2012
My experince with Charles F Tigard has been excellant! His kindergarden Teacher Mrs. Redding has done a really good job on helping him how to control his emotions and how to get along with his fellow classmates. His vocabulary has increased significantly. I really see him motived and exited to go to school everyday! I love the fact that there are various after school activities such as, Dance,Art, Spanish and scince ect.. This school gives the oppurtunity for us parents to get involved in our childrens education we couldn't be happier!

Charles F Tigard Elementary School 3

Posted June 23, 2011
Talk with other parents if you can before attending this school. Get a tour, ask about Kindergarden Round Up. The School office number is : 503-431-4400. The principal has retired and a new one is coming in for the school year of 2011-12. I'd give the school a 3, theres tons of room for improvement and parental involvement could use a little boost if welcomed by the school.

Posted March 06, 2010
this school is very helpful and amazing! The staff is very friendly and helpful as well. There are so many after school activities also. Dance, Spanish,Art,Mad Science,Chess,Origomi,and more!

Posted October 17, 2009

Charles F Tigard Elementary School 0

Posted December 15, 2008
The teachers and principle all work well as a team together and I've experienced great things with my girls teacher as well. She's learningn so much. The parent teacher group is also very supportive and many parents are involved. We couldn't be happier.

Charles F Tigard Elementary School
12850 SW Grant St, Tigard, OR  97223
Last modified Charles F Tigard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Charles F Tigard Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top