Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Durham ES in Tigard is a fine school. I can't claim it is the best, because that is yet to be seen. But I am impressed with some classrooms use of technology. Teachers have been able to individualize growth in learning via ipads. Regarding math, teachers do traditional classroom pencil and paperwork daily. And follow up with kids spending time on the ipads for practice math, students who excel can move on to difficult levels and those who need more practice can get more without peers knowing. I appreciate the different reading levels but still feel that there is a wide range of ability in the levels. Regardless, my first grader can read Chronicles of Narnia, which I didn't read till 4th grade. I don't know if I am stupid or if the teachers here are just that in tuned to the students. There are a variety of teachers and teaching styles to meet the different needs of kids. I haven't had a bad teacher yet. I also haven't had a I "absolutely love her" teacher either. The teachers are competent. Some are more down to business, structured, and strict with high expectations on behavior. Some are more loving and honoring of the child personality.

My child has thrived at Durham Elementary. Along with excellent teachers they have great music and P.E. programs.

I have had contact with the office staff at Durham and another elementary school in Tigard-Tualatin School District, and I am disappointed with the staff at Durham. They are unfriendly, and less than helpful.

My son just completed kindergarten and he loved it. His teacher was amazing and he progressed a lot under her direction. they have a nice new playground, wonderful music teacher, and a new principal who seems to be doing a great job.

Last modified Durham Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.