Posted August 07, 2013
This school has been great for my family. Kind ineligible teachers who strive to help. A great summer program built to help the students and parents stay active and involved. The summer lunch program has helped students form more than 3 summer school programs and neighbor hood families to keep there kids use to there.friends and schedule. In our home my spouse and son have both attended there Metzger. we are very happy to be apart of this small helpful and and clean community. Thank you to the Staff of Metzger elementary for making out family feel at home for so long.my son looks forward to coming back next year. Although he wished he still had ms Jones for his teacher. :-) have a great summer. And a new school year to look forward to.

Metzger Elementary School 1

Posted August 02, 2013
Metzger Elementary School . My children went to this school from K-4TH GRADE. My daughter was having problems with comprehension and keeping up with math (she is a tactile learner) Her state test scores in 3rd grade showed that. I requested additional help for her and was told she was not far enough behind. But when she tested in 4th grade she was, however they postponed helping again and had her retest 1 month later and she magically went from not hitting the mark to exceeding in 1 month. I found out my daughter was coaxed to answer the questions correctly. In the Beaverton School District she did not meet the same test score until 2 years later. I think there is something wrong. Please watch your children if you don't think they are doing as good as they say.

Metzger Elementary School 4

Posted September 17, 2010
Overall, Metzger is one of the best schools in the area. There are some problems, and not every teacher is stellar. But, there are more great teachers than there are mediocre ones. We have been at this school for 8 years so far, with a few more to go. I have seen progress, and I have seen the staff, and especially the previous principal, make many, many improvements. The loss of this great principal will definitely be felt, but I am hopeful that the new principal will be wonderful, as well. The one area of improvement that has not been addressed is the lack of qualification and knowledge in the special education department since the loss of an amazing learning specialist last year. I have never seen, nor heard from my kids, any issues with the spanish-speaking students making it difficult to make friends.

Posted May 19, 2010
The committment of the staff, both administrators and teachers, to the childrens learning is incredible!!

Posted April 27, 2010
the teachers hear are the best around. and they have a grate way of helping and dealing with special needs kids.

Posted April 25, 2010
Because my granddaughter loves her teacher and she is happy going to school every day1

Posted April 23, 2010
This school has strong reading and math programs. The kindergarten and first grade teachers are fantastic.

Posted February 01, 2010
We have been very impressed with the teaching and administrative staff at Metzger. The students come from a variety of backgrounds and the staff works very hard to ensure that every child has a chance to succeed. They really care about the kids and it makes a difference!

Posted October 01, 2009
The Teachers at Metzger Elementary are the Best. They always have time for the students questions and problems. They always make learning interesting from Kindergarden to fifth grade. My Grandaughter cried when she knew it was her last year at Metzger. My Grandson is a handful and is doing so well. Thank you for all the wonderful efforts made by the Teachers and Principal.

Posted September 18, 2009
I love Metzger Elementary because everyone loves the students!

Metzger Elementary School
10350 SW Lincoln St, Tigard, OR  97223
Last modified Metzger Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Metzger Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top