Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

If you are looking for a special community with exceptional staff, Metzger Elementary is the place for your family. The tenets of respect, responsibility and rigor are highly valued and help students to be successful in their academic and interpersonal endeavors. Metzger Elementary hosts one of two Bilingual (Spanish) programs in the Tigard-Tualatin District and its students are thriving. Reading and Math programs are solid and the Music program/instructor is far and away the Best in the District, if not the state. When my child began at Metzger, the Principal promised "We are going to love your kids." Five years later, the promise continues to be kept. :) I am truly impressed with the Teachers, Staff and Administration at our school and in the Tigard-Tualatin School District.

Metzger is an amazing school with great staff!

Metzger Elementary is a fantastic school! It is one of only two elementary schools that offers the Spanish Immersion program in the Tigard/Tualatin school district and I feel so fortunate that it's my neighborhood school. My child is in this program and has had a fantastic experience! This school is big, but it continually amazes me that the staff know each kid individually and care deeply about all the kids. The office staff are some of the most hardest working people out there. I have heard that LO parents are renting apartments in our area just to send their kids to school at Metzger due to the Spanish Immersion program. The music teacher at our school is the best in the district and chose to come to Metzger. The school is diverse with many languages spoken, but I think that's valuable for my child. Overall, a fantastic school! I know the school's score is lower, but if you know anything about Common Core, you know why the score is lower. It is not a reflection of what a wonderful school we have with Metzger.

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

Bullying is not tolerated at Metzger! My child has never had a problem with this, but I have noticed the teachers deal with it right away and nip it before it gets out of hand.

Supports LD students: Agree

My child was recently diagnosed with ADHD and I met with the school to discuss how to best handle this. It took a while to get an appt. I know they're busy, but when I went to my appt., they were prepared and attentive to my concerns. I would just say always speak up and be an advocate for your child.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

We have a new principal this year and he's great. He's bilingual, which has really helped to bring some cohesiveness to the Metzger community. Previously language has been a barrier, but when the principal is bilingual, it really helps.

Develops character: Strongly agree

As you walk the halls, you are continually reminded about the importance of respect in the school. The principal, teachers, and staff exude that message.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at Metzger are the best! It is so apparent that they love and care about the kids. As most parents know, are teachers are asked to do more and more with less and less resources. I don't get the sense that teachers at Metzger are just going through the motions. They really want to help kids.

Amount of homework: Agree

The amount of homework we have is adequate. Mostly math homework with reading every night.

This school has been great for my family. Kind ineligible teachers who strive to help. A great summer program built to help the students and parents stay active and involved. The summer lunch program has helped students form more than 3 summer school programs and neighbor hood families to keep there kids use to there.friends and schedule. In our home my spouse and son have both attended there Metzger. we are very happy to be apart of this small helpful and and clean community. Thank you to the Staff of Metzger elementary for making out family feel at home for so long.my son looks forward to coming back next year. Although he wished he still had ms Jones for his teacher. :-) have a great summer. And a new school year to look forward to.

Last modified Metzger Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.