Bad
Good

I have positive things to say. Twality Middle offers incoming 6th graders a solid music curriculum taught by highly qualified instructors of voice, band, and strings. The 6th grade features core teaching teams of two who focus on preparing kids for the increasingly challenging academic studies to come. As a parent, I have appreciated the level of 6-8 staff and teacher communicativeness I've had over the past two years. Perhaps the school's one drawback is that they lack a large auditorium, but somehow they make things work---and often, when possible, middle school music programs are allowed to use one of the two high schools' auditoriums or large gyms for performances. Something else I didn't realize I would like so much about Twality is that the student population partly feeds into Tigard High, and partly into Tualatin High. When my middle schooler began high school, he had many Twality-zoned friends going to the other high school. He learned to take the goodbyes and the separation in stride. When the two schools competed on the football field later that fall, my son realized just how arbitrary the whole notion of "school spirit" was: namely, that kids are in the districts they wind up in based on the housing decisions of adults. He and his friends from the other high school walked around both sides of the field and hung out and had a good laugh about it at and after the rival game, and they are still in touch.

I go to school here, and the teachers are soo nice, and I have learned so much already after about 2 months in school. They have a new system called sinergy in the school's district. It actually really helps me so I can see how I'm doing, and I can look at my grades and say I could work on things more if I have bad grades. It's also an easier way for my parents to check on me. I also like Twality because it has more activities than my old school. I have also improved since I switched schools to go to twality.

Twality is very diverse, one of the reasons we picked this district. They are quick to respond to questions and concerns. My daughter was placed in the wrong class and when I contacted the school counselor and they returned my email that evening from their home. My daughter was placed in the correct class the next day. The teachers are very involved and keep parents up to date in weekly emails. Also a new system was put in to track your child's assignments, absences and grades. There have been some bugs and the teachers have been proactive by informing parents what's happening. Back to school night was great ! Such a diverse set of teachers, yet all happy and outgoing. They seem to love what they do, especially the math teachers. One of them even has math songs that the students can download. One song actually helped (I was skeptic) as she sang along the equation made sense. It's not the fanciest or newest school, far from that, but what they have can't be measured by numbers. Hope this helps you make the right choice for your student.

If you're moving to the area, or looking for a 14-15 year school, pick Twality. They make new students feel very welcome. The teachers are great. They don't kill your mood but they do a great job teaching. PE program is really good. Lunches are the best. Seriously they provide nutritious good meals. The kids are pretty diverse. There's a lot of different cultures. Sporty, hang back and listen to music, nerdy, everything. It's a great school. There are always those few students that will push your buttons, but you really will find that anywhere. There's really good bus transportation too. Lots of buses. They're excellent drivers as well. I'm a student here and this is honestly my favorite school.

I recently moved to the area and unfortunately was in district for Twality. The staff is unorganized, they do not return calls or emails, the secretary office can not answer any questions, other then answering phone calls and taking messages. They abruptly change students schedules removing them from classes without involving the parent, and the principal's response to my complaints were thoughtless nonsense. don t get me started on the band teacher either. I hope to pull my child out and get into hazel brook.

Twality was including 6th graders into what they called the national converstaion. This curriculum was put forth by an organization called SERP & the former principle. It asked kids questions like Should your parents have to take parenting lessons & pass a test before being allowed to have kids. The so called objective debates started out with the description of how an 9 year old was strangled by his father. Another subject was "Should hand guns be made illegal" again the debate started with the description of the Virginia tech university & no where did it mention the 2nd amendment was created to allow the citizenry to protect itself from a government that becomes unrepresenative, tyranical. I encourage all Parents to pay special attention to what common core is & entities like SERP as it is a great tool for a small group of academics to socially engineer your kids in their likeness!

I honestly think this school is the best I have ever went to. The teachers are nice, and I feel comfortable there.

This school makes my kids comfortable. Their grades have improved from previous schools, and they're always productive, and not lazy all the time like they use to be.

There is horrible bullying going on and lots of racist kids who get away with slandering whites . My child was bullied for no other reason than being white and pretty. Nothing was done to stop it and it continued all year. My child now hates school and also became more introverted to not to stand out. Its not OK!

This school may be one of the worst school I've ever let my kid attend. Poor teaching, emails never returned just poor communication, and lots of bullying!

Last modified Twality Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.