Posted December 17, 2014
I have a first grader at Deer Creek and in two years my son will join her there as a Kindergartner. Both teachers she's had so far have been fantastic! I've been pleased with the care and attention I have seen other teachers and staff give to children in and around the school. I love that there is an active PSO at Deer Creek making our school even better each year. The library is fully operational, Authors have come to read to our kids, Art Literacy is taught, several events like movie nights, cultural fairs or carnivals are planned throughout the year and so much more; all made possible by parent volunteers. We have a parent group that tries its best to enrich our children's lives and I think it show at our school and rubs off on our kids.

Posted December 16, 2014
I am a parent who has had two sons attend Deer Creek school all the way from kindergarten through 5th grade. I love this school! The teachers are amazing! Deer Creek provided my boys a top-notch learning experience. Not only was the academic experience for them wonderful, but the teachers all made learning FUN! All of the staff at Deer Creek make it such a warm, safe and welcoming place for children to grow and learn. I am so happy my boys went to this amazing school!

Posted February 08, 2014
Deer Creek is fantastic, the office staff is nice, does what they say they are going to, My son goes to Kindergarten there and his teacher is AMAZING. I choice-schooled him in and I'm VERY happy I did!

Posted August 20, 2013
We researched the school prior to moving to the neighborhood and have been extremely pleased with our children's experience. The school has especially greatly improved since the new principal began in 2011. The teachers teach in grade level teams, which allows for excellent collaboration across each grade level (in most cases). All of the staff, from the front office, teachers, facility person, to the kitchen ladies are always warm, welcoming and extremely helpful to both the kids and the parents. Our family really feels 'at home' at Deer Creek. Even my preschooler refers to it as 'his school' and he doesn't even attend yet! The after school enrichment classes are convenient, affordable and offer our children the opportunity to try new things. The school holds many family oriented events throughout the year and we always enjoy ourselves. We also feel that our children are SAFE in the hands of Deer Creek, and as a parent that is huge.

Deer Creek Elementary School 4

Posted June 04, 2013
We love Deer Creek. The teachers have always been very responsive and kind to my daughter and our younger daughter will be going into kindergarten 2013 fall and is looking forward to it!

Deer Creek Elementary School 1

Posted April 26, 2013
The school lost our Kindergartener twice. The first time she was put on the bus after they sent us an email that she was to be picked up from the school at a specific time (they put her on the bus anyways and left her on a street-corner until the police picked her up). The second incident was due to the bus driver letting her off at the wrong stop (the school has a policy that Kindergarteners are not to be let off the bus without a parent/guardian present, which was ignored). Both times, she was off the grid completely, and the police had to intervene to locate our daughter. When my wife attempted to explain to the office staff that our daughter was literally gone, the woman at the front-desk kept holding up her finger to shush my wife so that she could finish writing a personal text message. Both times, the Principal did call, but was quick to brush the incidents aside without either apologizing or taking ownership for behaviors that caused a 5-year-old girl to go missing (twice). We were even advised by the Prinicpal that "little girls have a tendency to make things up, so they can't be believed", when our daughter called out the bus driver as being at fault the 2nd time.

Posted April 07, 2013
We love this school. My daughter graduated and was well prepared for middle school. She was able to skip an entire year of math and enter the TAG program. Fifth graders can be school ambassadors and the teachers are open and supportive. Deer Creek was one of only three schools who went to regionals for OBOB(Oregon Battle of the Books) Deer Creek took first place and went to the state competition in Salem. Our other daughter is now following and taking advantage of all this school has to offer. Parents are and can be involved as much as they want. The families have fought hard to save full time PE and Music. The students come from diverse populations giving our children a real life environment. They are taught its not where you come from its where you're headed. My only statement about the district is that we have had 3 principals since we enrolled. But I respect our current principal and her ideas. She has her own school age children and knows what our school needs.

Posted April 07, 2013
Deer Creek is a great school. We searched around and talked to other parents. We wanted a school with ethnic diversity so our children would fit in. The staff is like a family and treat the children like their own. Whether they need a bandaid at the front desk or an extra hug from a teacher. They constantly teach to be kind and respectful to others. This is more important over strict academic numbers. Here you can be an involved parent and help make a difference in your child's education.

Posted October 21, 2012
Deer Creek is a great school with a positive learning environment, excellent teachers, a very approachable, supportive principal, and a strong academic curriculum. There are many academic programs, for both students who need extra help and those who need some additional challenges in math and reading. The school has a very strong volunteer base and offers many educational programs as well as community events. I have been extremely impressed with this school, and feel that it is one of the best in the Tigard-Tualatin school district.

Posted November 10, 2011
Outstanding school, teachers and curriculum ! Compare to the Lake Oswego schools this school and district are much more competent. The children are ahead and better prepared academically. Socially everyone is included unlike the snobby community of Fake Oswego.

Deer Creek Elementary School
16155 SW 131st Ave, Tigard, OR  97224
Last modified Deer Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Deer Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top