Posted April 24, 2014
This school at first seems friendly until you spend time there and realize the parents are extremely cliquy, the principle isn't concerned with your children and their well being but rather his job and pay, and the classes are overcrowded. I will not be sending my children back to this school next year. If you're new to the area- check into some of the other schools that aren't dominated by a small group of parents who will see to it that your child will not fit in as an outsider.

Posted December 29, 2013
This school is incredible. I went here from first grade to fifth grade and loved every moment of it. The school itself is beautiful with lots of places to lean. I have great memories of reading in the garden as well as admiring its beauty. I loved being an ambassador in fifth grade and helping out the younger kids. I loved everyone of my teachers and felt loved throughout all my five years. I am a sophomore in high school now and only have fond memories.

Posted June 06, 2012
We love Mary Woodward! The teachers are supportive and fair, and the parents are heavily involved. We have full day kindergarten as an option, fun field trips, music programs, science fair, cultural fair, Art Lit, afterschool classes, and our beloved garden! There are just two big fundraisers, the Jogathon and Spring Auction. We have many learning specialists, TAG, and a parent supported library. Each grade has special projects and programs that parents can visit and attend. Our fifth graders can participate in an Ambassadors program to volunteer in special charity projects and the student store, promoting leadership. There are "buddy" links for classes of different grades to help everyone meet friends of all ages. I am surprised to hear about bullying, because that is certainly not the culture of the school, each student is encouraged to be respectful and work out their differences fairly. I feel so lucky that my children are able to attend this great school!

Mary Woodward Elementary School 2

Posted April 29, 2010
My child attended this school for 2 years. First year, teachers were OK except I was puzzled with one of the 4th grade homeroom teachers. I think she favored the bullies more or was not fair. In short watch out for bullies at this school especially if you are new. Second year, teachers were so... so... Teachers do not help improve advanced students to grow. Advance students level out and are not encouraged. BiZ town job selection process was biased. Overall, maybe I expect too much since we came from a superior school district BUT if this school was to change they need to focus on the above criticisms.

Posted November 25, 2009
Great teachers and one of the most spectacular sustainable school gardens in the world. Wish my kids went there.

Posted December 11, 2008
They have a great School garden that allows students to experience hands-on learning. It is called Woodward Gardens and it has many sustainable elements as well.

Posted October 02, 2008
My children have been at Mary Woodward for 5 year and during that time I have been in the classroom to volunteer, on committees, etc. I am so impressed with our school and the parent involvment! In some classes there have been TOO MANY volunteers, and parents are scaled back to accomodate everyone. I can't imagine sending my children anywhere else.

Posted June 25, 2008

Posted June 13, 2008

Posted June 13, 2008

Mary Woodward Elementary School
12325 SW Katherine St, Tigard, OR  97223
Last modified Mary Woodward Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mary Woodward Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top