Tigard, OR

Posted March 10, 2015
My dauthet has been in this school 3 years and I can say Awesome school, I just move from tigard to beaverton and I can't find anything like this school, the staff, the teachers, the programs all is great here!

Alberta Rider Elementary School 2

Posted September 23, 2014
You'd think that the staff at a school like this would be warm and friendly but they are not. The secretary talks down to you like you are a dog... What ever happened to equal human rights? I wouldn't speak to an ant like that... It's very troublesome to me. She has been like that ever since we first stepped foot into the school 5 years ago and it's never gotten better! The principal allows bullying because they have yet to reprimand students for punching other children in the face, etc. You'd think there would be a serious consequence for that but unfortunately not. The class sizes are insanely HUGE and they keep allowing out of district students in for various absurd reasons (we don't care who you are, go in your own district or go private, people). Makes it hard for the students who are supposed to be there to really learn because they aren't getting adequate attention. The whole school is a total joke. It honestly has been a miserable experience from day one! They need better staff, especially in the front office, and they need to focus on the children's needs because they certainly aren't being met!

Posted April 17, 2014
Love the School and teachers at Alberta Rider! My son has gone to Alberta Rider for 5 years and have had nothing but positive experiences to express! We love how all the teachers and staff know all the kids by name! Very parent friendly school and parents are always welcome anytime!

Posted January 07, 2014
Racists!!!!!!!! no way we experienced that. I believe we are humans. We should treat each other as human but doesn't happen always. Teachers shoud treat all students equally.

Posted June 01, 2013
Amazing staff and incredible parent involvement. It's amazing all of the second graders are given iPads and do Airplay/Keynote presentations.

Alberta Rider Elementary School 3

Posted January 14, 2013
I feel that Alberta Rider is a school that is run by parents or better to say stay at home moms that are board and wants to control the school and what is happening at school and in class. Not enugh volentring is bad but too much volentring is way too much. Their is a bulling problem at that school and the principal is looking the other way. I learned that as a parent you have to adress it and fight and get the system to listen, you have to get all in writing and if the teachers or principal are not doing enough go to the district. Not having the tools or the right people to stop bulling is not an answer!

Alberta Rider Elementary School 1

Posted December 21, 2012
I will tell you today merely 3 months into the 4th grade school year we have pulled our daughter out of Alberta Rider and sternly disagree with any and all positive or redeeming reports about Alberta Rider or the schools unaccountable Principle, Counselors and Teachers alike. Alberta Rider has a deep serious issue with BULLYING! Students have reported on SEVERAL OCCASIONS to Principal, Counselors and Teachers that they have been bullied, teased, punched, kicked or spit on and all grievances met with no resolution, accountability or discipline. Bottom line is that kids are going to Alberta Rider every day SCARED! Nobody at this school is standing up and doing anything about the problems. Just pointing the finger and giving the same old political reply, "we just don't have the resources". The children / students at Alberta Rider deserve better attention to their needs than what they are receiving and new parents / students need to be made aware of the challenges Alberta Rider has and not be mislead by the 9/10 school rating. I as a concerned parent will make sure my community knows that Alberta Rider is failing our children! Highest Regards, Concerned / Frustrated Parent

Alberta Rider Elementary School 4

Posted May 18, 2010
I guess only positive comments get posted here because my last post was rejected. I would agree they teach to test. Some really good teachers but some robots as well who only care about test scores. The most rediculous thing about this school: no running on the playground.

Posted June 16, 2009
Moved from another state this year to Tigard. A far cry from a high end private school. Some very good teachers. Some lazy teachers. Mean, rude kids. Wonderful music and P.E teacher, but they will be cut next year due to deep budget cuts. Fantastic principal and staff. Tigard-Tualitan curriculum questionable, especially math. They teach 'to test'. Spend your hard earned money on a real, high-end private school.

Posted June 07, 2009
I would give this school 5 stars! Outstanding in every way. We just moved to this district and feel as if we are in a high end private school. Excellent teachers, Principal, and academic standards.

14850 SW 132nd Ter, Tigard, OR  97224
Last modified Alberta Rider Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alberta Rider Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top