Troutdale, OR

Sweetbriar Elementary School 1

Posted October 21, 2014
Every day my young daughter is coming home telling us of boys who are bullying hitting & kicking her & others. Other girls in her class have said the same. She says staff won't help & she's suddenly become a very fearful child. Other basic concerns or questions I've had so far have sometimes been met with less than friendly responses by certain staff. Her teacher is very nice, along with the nurse & some staff, but they might do well to nip the overall snobbery & bullying in the bud before it ruins the elementary school environment completely & if they'd like more parental involvement/support like volunteering and PALS (pta) etc.

Sweetbriar Elementary School 1

Posted October 10, 2014
If i could, I would rate this school a zero. Please explain to me why a 5 year old little girl is being bullied in her kindergarten class by 3 boys in the same class and why her teacher would not inform the parent about the situation brushing it off because "its nothing serious, kids will be kids." Because kids will kick, push, punch, pull her hair and even spit on her and get away with no action but to move HER to a different class and tell HER it was HER fault and to play with other kids instead. She did nothing wrong, didn't even fight back but told the teacher and what happen? Nothing. The teacher wasn't even going to inform anyone of what happened until we started to question why she stated "they punched me today" "they pushed me off the slide and my bottom hurt" We have written to the school about this situation since the teacher is not taking any action of the physical and mental trauma this child suffered. This is not a great school, your child will be physically bullied by fellow kids and no one will inform you, until your child says something about it. We are most likely going to send our child to a private school where actions like this are not tolerated.

Posted September 26, 2013
Sweetbrier is a great school. I really admire the teachers, they are doing a great job with the children. I really enjoyed the trip we took to OMSI and spent the night. We had lots of fun. I wish that the classes could be a little smaller and the kids could get more individual help. Other than that the school is doing a great job.

Sweetbriar Elementary School 0

Posted October 04, 2009
The kids are great and the staff is wonderful!!

Posted December 09, 2006
I have been very satisfied with our experience at Sweetbriar. My daughter is in both a Special Education classroom as well as a typical education room. Her teachers are wonderful...she has really begun to thrive since starting here. I couldn't be happier with her progress/teachers/school grounds etc.

Posted November 18, 2006
My son has been in Sweeybriar Elemetary since kindergarten and is now in 3rd grade. Every teacher has been wonderful and great to work with! I cannot say enough about the school staff and in particular the principal Pat Baker! If all principals were this involved the world would be a better place.Thank You Sweetbriar!

Posted April 29, 2006
We had a great experience at Sweetbriar. I am very impressed with the principal, Pat Baker, who knows every childs name, and knows each day as she stands outside at the end of the day, which child belongs to which car picking them up. Every teacher my children had were wonderful, caring, and thurough teachers. Best school I have ever been affiliated with! The kids are always challenged, and encouraged to do their best. I always felt welcome to come help out at the school, and felt genuinely appreciated by the staff for my help.

Sweetbriar Elementary School 4

Posted April 19, 2006
We have two boys in 3rd and 5th grade. We have been very pleased with Sweetbrier. The education programs include music, art and sports. Plus after school programs in science, art and sports. Yearly there is a special art program taught by a professional craftsmen. The teachers work very hard to insure that they are working to the best of thier abilities. No child is ever left behind. If they need help the teachers work with the parents to find what ever is needed. The school makes a real effort to educate the teachers so they can better teach the students. The Principle is involved with everything that goes on at all times. She is firm but fair. The kids know that they can talk to her. She is out at the curb every morning to great each child as they come in.

Sweetbriar Elementary School
501 SE Sweetbriar Ln, Troutdale, OR  97060
Last modified Sweetbriar Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sweetbriar Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top