Tualatin, OR

Posted April 14, 2013
We just recently moved to Tualatin and started our son in Kindergarten. From our first few months, the teachers have been great and have gone above and beyond to help our son out with his reading. They seem to take a sincere approach to understanding the needs of each child. The negative reviews below don't seem to be a fair assessment (1 out of 5 stars!?! come on)....but to each their own. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone.

Posted July 14, 2011
I have one student currently attending this school, and a second who will be there in one year. My wife and I are very pleased that we are in the Byrom school district. The teachers have all been very caring, while at the same time challenging our oldest to improve more and more. Parent/teacher conferences have been productive conversations, not just a bunch of generalities that could be applied to any student. (Fortunately), I haven't had a lot of interaction with our principal (i.e. no discipline nor behavioral issues to deal with on our end). However, he is a very good communicator with the parents, whether it be via email or school meetings. In addition, I have seen him directly talking to students about the three key rules at Byrom - Be Safe, Be Responsible, Be Respectful. Finally, parental involvement is very strong. In the classroom, in after-school activities, in the PSO, TTSD fundraising, Byrom fundraising, field trips, etc. All in all, we strongly recommend this school.

Edward Byrom Elementary School 1

Posted November 24, 2010
I am a former parent of a Byrom child who had a very bad experience one year at Byrom. Many meetings were attended without follow up in the classroom. My voice as a parent was unheard and the principal(who is the current principal) was a nightmare, arguing and lying at times. I had to seek help from a school district representative more that once to deal with problems that were not getting fixed. Bullying at this school was not dealt with. My child needed assistance and did not get it. I feel my child had a completely wasted year. I would not choose this school.

Edward Byrom Elementary School 3

Posted July 27, 2010
I was really hoping for more from this school, since it is rated the best in Tualatin. The other families and kids are all nice and we had a wonderful kindergarten teacher. First grade was a rude awakening, as their team has a ridiculous no parent volunteer policy in place. I can't understand how or why they can do such a thing. Communication is almost non-existent. There are no comments on the report cards and the spring conference is only for "kids who need one," so there is never an opportunity to hear how your child is actually doing. If pre-tests were given for anything, I never saw them (they definitely were not given for spelling). The reading placements are all dependent on the child's performance on 60 second timed tests, which is NOT the purpose of the tests, and the authors of the tests even state this. I'm very disappointed.

Posted June 06, 2010
This was my child's first year in Kindergarten at Byrom. There is a review on here that states Byrom is not Kindergarten and 1st grade friendly for boys. This is so far from the truth. My son is thriving at Byrom and loves his teacher and friends. Parent involvement is wonderful and I love this school.

Edward Byrom Elementary School 2

Posted May 04, 2010
If my child could go to another school I would have it done. The principle seems nice and envolved until something needs to be done. His follow through is lacking, professionalism with staff is absent, and communication is nill. Teachers are ok as long as the child or parent doesn't require anything specific. This school is not Kindergarten and 1st grade friendly for boys. Teachers are unprofessional and often treat the parents like the student. I am shocked there are no consequences for constant unprofessionalism. The counselor is a joke. Do NOT have your child come to this school if you are expecting professionalism, communication and involvment.

Edward Byrom Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Teachers are superb at this school! Friendly, professional and caring! Proud to be a Byrom Parent!

Edward Byrom Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Byrom is the best school in Tualatin. Teacher are great and there is a lot of parent particpation in the school.

Posted April 03, 2008
I wouldnt have my kids go anywhere else! WONDERFUL school!

Posted September 01, 2007

Edward Byrom Elementary School
21800 SW 91st Ave, Tualatin, OR  97062
Last modified Edward Byrom Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edward Byrom Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top