Tualatin, OR

Horizon Christian Elementary & Middle School 1

Posted May 29, 2014
If sports is more important to you then education the horizon is the place for you. I attended horizon and at first loved it but then realized that they took at least 10 mins out of each class to talk about sports not a good education!!!! I came here to get a better education. Also they only have 12 computer and not enough desks for every student. I suggest to you do. Or go her!

Horizon Christian Elementary & Middle School 4

Posted April 04, 2014
The students are loved and know it, it's educationally strong, and doesn't feel like many private schools, my kids don't feel like they have to keep up with the "Jones' ".

Posted September 14, 2013
With about 320 students, our impact is big. The mission of school is not only to educate the minds but to ignite the hands and heart to do good. Look for opportunities to help others. Our principal has a steady flow of kids entering her office to set up school wide service projects in our area and abroad. From leaf cleaning the yards of neighboring homes, collecting stuff animals for foster kids, to raising money for wells in Africa. It's amazing what can be accomplished when you have a community of people with a big heart for others. Last year Horizon initiated over fifty projects. The rippling affect of that is huge. I am so great full my kids will be educated in a community of selflessness.

Posted September 10, 2013
Our son just started Kindergarten at Horizon and is absolutely loving it - so much that he woke up early on a Saturday to get his backpack ready for Monday. The teachers are amazing. I appreciate getting update emails directly from his teacher on a daily basis. I also enjoy the parent participation within the school. It is a great environment and I am excited to have my children grow up surrounded by such positive influences.

Posted September 09, 2013
My son transferred to HCS from public school the middle of last year. Instantly his attitude, demeanor and confidence improved. The teachers and administration made him feel important, empowered and loved. We are so happy with our decision and are looking forward to another great school year.

Posted September 09, 2013
Being a part of the Horizon Christian School family has been a confidence building, character building and educationally challenging experience for my kids. They are learning how to play a part in supporting the community, locally and globally - they are developing a sense of responsibility and a love for others. And they are growing beyond current educational standards - So thankful we found Horizon! I would recommend this school to anyone. The people here aren't perfect, but we join together in pursuit of excellence.

Posted September 09, 2013
My daughter is starting her 3rd year at Horizon (2nd grade) and our son is in Kindergarten. The campus is beautiful, the staff is very friendly and so far I have been pleased with the curriculum. In addition to the core subjects students have music, PE, art, Spanish and chapel.

Horizon Christian Elementary & Middle School 1

Posted June 09, 2011
Simply put-search elsewhere for a private school. God has left the building. This place is an example of hollow Christianity. Yes the kids do outreaches but the point of sending your kids to a Christian school is to train them up in the way they should go which is with God not the world's system. Perfect example of lukewarm Christianity or that of a church which used to be great but has fallen from grace because of poor leadership and scandal. Parents are involved but it's a popularity contest; car line is social hour; principal and her decisions are not respected & ignored by parents and staff; academics are not a high a priority despite other reviews; student to student behavior is poor. Parents keep your mouth shut, play the popularity games of high school, don't state your opinions and your kids won't be ostracized. Disappointed, saddened, enraged & left feeling empty and ripped off. Don't send your kids here. Give them a better education and more of God from ANY Catholic school, Portland Jewish Academy, Jesuit, West Hills Christian, Portland Christian, or Portland Lutheran. Go anywhere else, even public school but not here please.

Horizon Christian Elementary & Middle School 2

Posted March 09, 2011
My daughter went to this school for 9 years and was at the top of her class. We were happy with the school until we moved and when she was tested for placement at her new school she tested well below grade level in math and science. We were disappointed to discover that this is the case with most students who transfer from there.

Posted January 26, 2011
I've sent four of my children through this system, with the youngest two going through the high school as well. I'm very pleased with the education they have been provided and my older two have had success into the college experiences. The younger two are still in high school (older two went to public since the school only went through 8th grade at the time). Their success has been better (based on SAT scores) than the older two.

Horizon Christian Elementary & Middle School
Po Box 2690, Tualatin, OR  97062
Last modified Horizon Christian Elementary & Middle School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Horizon Christian Elementary & Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top