Welches, OR

Welches Elementary School 5

Posted February 13, 2013
I went to Welches School, K-8th Grade. Looking back, I feel that I was so fortunate to go to such a small community school. The teachers and faculty knew each and every student. In the 9 years I went there, the turn around of staff was minimal, and parent involvement was the norm and practically expected. Our extra curricular activities were far beyond what was offered at other schools in our area. Because we were such a small school, I believe we benefited from programs not offered even at the nearby Sandy school district. I cannot express the feeling of closeness I took away from going to a small, focused environment such as Welches. We were given more opportunities to learn about the great outdoors, the history of our state and area, and what it means to grow up to be a caring and stable adult when going to a small, community based school such as Welches. When I moved on to Sandy High School, I found that I had already been taught much of the curriculum that Sandy had to offer in the basic classes of math, science, history, english, etc. This gave me a great advantage over my peers. I wish I still lived closer so my own child could attend.

Welches Elementary School 0

Posted March 17, 2009
My daughters have both attended the schools in welches. I believe they are getting a great education. Our community is small and often the schools are poor, but not wecles. I agree with the above post there is alot of support for the chidlren. I am glad our daughters are here and not at some big city school.

Welches Elementary School 5

Posted June 28, 2007
My son has attended Welches for five years. We have had a great experience! The teachers really have gotten to know my child and have catered his education to his needs. The learning involves students asking questions, making choices, and taking responsibility. The teachers and principal have very high expectations of the students, and from what I have seen the students rise to meet them. The principal is excellent, he is so involved and his love for the students and the school is obvious. Parent involvment is high. Parents put on events like, harvest festival, carnival, spagetti dinner, book fair, auction, and other events throughout the year. Parents are also present helping in the school day to day. Because of all these wonderful things, I feel very comfortable dropping my son off each day knowing that he is receiving a high quality education and is being cared for by many people.

Welches Elementary School
24901 East Salmon River Rd, Welches, OR  97067
Last modified Welches Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Welches Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top