Posted October 19, 2014
Willamette Primary School is an amazing school with terrific parental involvement, and I am so thankful that my 2 boys go there. There is a great sense of community and you really feel like you are one big family. We have an amazing PTA and parent volunteers, and I truly believe our principal David Pryor knows each child by name !!! We have small class sizes and top quality teachers. Having moved from overseas fairly recently , I can honestly say I have never felt more welcomed in a community...

Posted June 24, 2014
As a grandparent of a student attending Willamette, I am very impressed with this school. Being a former elementary teacher, I am confident when I say that this school provides an outstanding educational environment for all students. There is significant involvement of parents and other family members in all the school activities. A good mix of traditional and forward thinking educational programs. Overall, this school reflects learning, respect and pride. I give accolades to the exceptional teachers and staff at Willamette Primary.

Posted June 20, 2014
Willamette is the best school ever! The teachers really know their stuff and kids love going to school. I wish I was starting kindergarten so I could go to school at Willamette for six years!!!

Posted June 19, 2014
Willamette is an amazing school. Right away you notice this school is a special place. The teachers are top notch and work so hard for every child. There is lots of parent involvement and the PTA puts on really great events. On the last day of school before summer, children were actually crying because they were so sad for school to end!

Posted June 18, 2014
Willamette Primary is a fantastic school and one I feel proud sending my children to. I feel the previous comments are incorrect as it is NOT a low budget school nor does the school or PTA call monthly for money. The PTA budget reports are posted on the website clearly prove it is NOT a low budget school. The teacher:student ratio is no where near 35:1 either. It is in the mid 20s. The Willamette Primary PTA was awarded PTA of Excellence by Oregon PTA as the best PTA in the state for the high level programs and events put on by the PTA. There is a high level of parent involvement at Willamette that make it the great school it is.

Posted June 17, 2014
Walk through the hallways of Willamette Primary and you will see and feel what makes it so special. You'll feel it in the friendly greetings you'll receive from children, staff and the principal. You'll see it in the gorgeous student art displayed throughout the school. And sense it in the emphasis on community service-to both local and global communities. In my years as a Willamette parent, I've been impressed with the caliber of the staff, the leadership of our principal and the dedication of an incredible PTA. I've always felt there is a team approach to educating children at Willamette, and a priority seems to be on developing relationships with families. Can't tell you the number of Willamette teachers I've seen at students' weekend baseball games, dance recitals and even high school graduations! I know when I send my kids to Willamette each day they are going to be cared for as people and challenged to be the best students and citizens they can be. Willamette is family.

Willamette Primary School 1

Posted June 11, 2014
The ratio per class is 35 students to 1 teacher. The classes are blended like 2/3 and 4/5 grades. It is a low budget school district, So do not count on any extra stuff. They will call you monthly asking for money. ( I rather give it to my church.) There is a lot of bullying happening in the School and on the buses but they don't offer any solutions. If you do not blend in with the students at the school, they make horrible racist comments against you and they do not have any consequences for the student that made the racist comments.

Willamette Primary School 1

Posted March 26, 2014
I have had a 4 sets of friends/neighbors which have moved from the area to WA and CA in the last 2 years. All 4 families were told their children were behind once they started their new school, 2 were a grade level behind, mainly in math. I am so worried if we get a job transfer my children will be behind too. When I approached the principal about my concerns he failed to acknowledge my concerns. he also wasn't aware of the curriculum being used for math in both my kid's classrooms. When asked about expectations at middle school he still could not give me a straight answer. It seems many parents are having to hire math tutors once their children reach Athey Creek because Willamette kids were unprepared to keep up with the Stafford kids in the 6th grade accelerated math class. We pay so much money on housing to send our kids to WL schools, now we need to pay for tutors, there goes the college fund!

Posted March 19, 2014
Willamette Primary School in the historic Willamette neighborhood of West Linn is a delightful place to send my child every day. David Pryor, the principal, sets a wonderful tone for the students and parents (and probably the teachers) of kindness and respect for every person, young or old, who comes into his orbit. It's as if Mr Rogers was leading a school. What you get is a nourishing environment for children who wind up treating each other with that same respectt. Assignments are challenging, interesting and appropriate. My son loves his teacher, who he says explains everything very well. At times, an assignment can be a little complex for him and I help him organize his work, but I think this is a very useful and reall-world experience, much better than doing worksheets. The parents are very involved and raise a lot of money with clever fundraisers that center around the kids, such as a gym fun run and a marketplace for which the kids develop a plan to make items to sell, conduct market research and 'manufacture' an actual (simple) product that they will sell at their 'marketplace'. West Linn supports music, art and sports education in all their schools as well.

Posted May 27, 2008

Willamette Primary School
1403 SE 12th St, West Linn, OR  97068
Last modified Willamette Primary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Willamette Primary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top