No rating

Columbia Academy

Private | PK-8 | 48 students

Living in West Linn

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $330,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,130.

Posted April 25, 2010

Have never seen a school where all the kids, no matter what age or grade, get along so well and really care about each other. I've never heard teasing or bullying from any of the kids. It's a great school and I highly recommend it

Posted April 25, 2010

My great-neice has significantly improved her reading skills since switching to Columbia Academy.

Posted April 25, 2010

I love this school because of the teachers. They truly care about the students and show it in every way. They set high standards for the the students, but not unattainable standards. They encourage, nurture, and when neccessary push the students to always do their best. Columbia Academy promotes small class sizes and one on one attention with the students and they actually follow through with it. I cannot even begin to tell you all the reasons I love this school but a couple are: the sense of community within the school from teachers, students and parents alike, the commitment to excellence from the teachers, and the fact that I know my kids are getting a top notch education. Columbia Academy provides me the peace of mind that my kids are recieving the best in both cirriculum and care. I can honestly say that my kids are better people for attending Columbia Academy.

Posted April 25, 2010

My grandaughter could not read at all when she entered Columbia Academy last November, 2009, and last week she was promoted to the second grade because had completed all of the 1st grade requirements in just 6 months. This is due to the excellent academic program they are providing their students.

Posted April 25, 2010

We transferred our grandaughter to Columbia Academy during the early months of her first grade. She had begun to ask her parents to keep her home from school, because she dreaded the school days at her neighborhood school. Only days after she entered Columbia, she began to say that she loved school and within two weeks had learned to read. The teachers at Columbia are terrific. They teach the children to love to learn. Our grandaughter now says that she wants to be a veterinarian.

Posted April 25, 2010

My niece goes to this school and she loves the teachers, they have supported her in advancing her reading and writting beyond where I had my hopes.

Posted November 2, 2008

Our family has been very pleased with our daughter's education. Upon moving here from Florida our daughter was enrolled at a Private Catholic School which prepared her well for this school. What impressed us from the start Columbia was willing to test and place our daughter with the grade she placed regardless of her age. Within the first six month's of attending Columbia Academy she passed Kindergraten at the ade of five. Now she is in first grade loving all the daily challenges. Besides all of the academic achievements she has really enjoyed all the extra events. At least once a month her class has fieldtrips. The fieldtrips are normally related to the study of the month. We aslo like the fact that the classroom size is small, which gives the students more one on one time with the teacher. We would strongly recommend that your family come visit Columbia Academy.

Posted October 28, 2008

Thanks to Columbia, my daughter believes in herself and loves learning! We've been very fortunate to have lived in the West Linn school district where we have access to some of the best public education in the State. For one daughter, the public schools have worked just great. For my other daughter, we needed another approach. Despite the public school's impressive effort to find out what was holding my very bright daughter back, we all watched as the self-esteem and confidence of my very bright and passionate daughter gradually started to go away. In addition to the highly flexible and customized approach, Columbia's 100% comprehension philosophy is exactly what my daughter needed. We started out a year behind in math, and by the end of the 1st year tested at the top of her level for her grade level.

Posted October 28, 2008

This school is good because they will help your child and they will stop what they are doing and help some times. it is also a good school because in this school it is fun to learn because we learn in a fun way!
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 9, 2008

For any parent looking for small class size and individualized instruction for their child(ren), Columbia Academy should be visited. They offer a very relaxed environment yet structured program to guide students through. My daughter has been happy from the first moment she walked through the door. The teachers have continued to keep her challenged and allow her to work ahead and her own pace, yet making sure she meets the requirements at each step along the way. If your child gets lost in large environment and does better when he/she can really 'connect' with their teachers, this is the place you have been looking for. Additionally, the teachers are all very approachable and keep parents informed. We are very happy here.

Posted February 22, 2006

Columbia Academy has been the perfect choice for our 4-year-old daughter. She has always been interested in learning and trying to find a pre-school that would nurture this interest was very difficult. Our daughter is now learning sounds and sight word recognition and really feels triumphant that she's reading. She has completed several small books and is mid-way through Kindergarten math. She loves school! Columbia Academy's individualized program has been the perfect match and has allowed our daughter to continue to excel in the areas of her strengths while giving her extra opportunities to strenghten other skills.

Posted February 22, 2006

OUR CHILDREN, 9 & 7 HAVE BEEN AT COLUMBIA FOR THE PAST 3.5YEARS...WE REALLY LOVE THE SCHOOL AND THE SMALL CLASS SIZES. THE TEACHERS ARE ONE OF A KIND AND REALLY DO LOVE THEIR JOB! NAVEED AND ANEELA TANVEER

Posted February 21, 2006

I must tell you that my experience with Columbia Academy has been that of sheer joy. My son Mike is almost 11 years old. He loves going to school and is a year ahead of his public school peers. The teachers are devoted and real. They actually care about the students. Each child is given a tailor made program and are able to move as quickly as they can. No holding back because the rest of the group needs to go slower. No pushing something on the student they don't understand. I guess if I had to sum up what Columbia Academy does, I would say it instills a love of learning a confidence that anything can be learned and the true understanding of the materials at hand. I wish to thank Columbia for creating such a remarkable school.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 7% 4%