PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted March 03, 2015
Columbia Academy is a fantastic school, is one that gives its students good resources and lets them achieve their full potential. The teachers are willing to give their students advice on how to excel in their homework and socially. My child feels comfortable and recognize the school as a safe place, and teachers are open to talk to students and listen to their concerns at all times. At Columbia, students are regularly involved in the classwork, not just always writing down what the teacher says, but writing their own thoughts and create their own reports. My child enjoys and looks forward to lessons, and has been able to achieve so much. Academically, Columbia has very high standard and if your child likes to learn there is no greater place that Columbia. My Child has learned more in 7 months that she did in 3 years elsewhere. Columbia, brings the best out of the children. We love Columbia, its a second home to my famlily.

Posted November 28, 2012
We are so pleased with the high quality individualized instruction our daughter is receiving at Columbia Academy. The attention to detail with regard to curriculum in all the subjects is remarkable. The teachers truly care about the happiness of each student too and this helps encourage the children to do their best every day. Thank you, Columbia Academy!

Posted November 19, 2012
Columbia has been a life-saver for my kids. The small class sizes are amazing and the one-on-one attention each child gets to help them succeed is exceptional. The teachers are awesome and the atmosphere is full of love and understanding. My kids love to go to school and their self-confidence level is through the roof. We love Columbia!!

Posted November 19, 2012
My daughter was attending a charter public school prior to Columbia, I knew she was behind and falling more behind by the year. I had asked the school to test her but they dragged their feet and got nothing done. A year ago, we checked out and had my daughter tested in 3 different private schools in the Gresham, Damascus and West Linn area. All the tests were similar in placing her, but what stood out for us was Columbia because they were willing to give her a special curriculum program set to meet her needs. She has been attending Columbia now for a year. She is happier, more confident and on the right track to catching up. I do not believe we could of seen this success anywhere else. The love and support she gets there along with a great program has been wonderful and will be for many more years :)

Posted November 19, 2012
My daughter has been attending Columbia Academy since she was 4 and we absolutely love it. Our favorite part about the enivronment of the school is that the kids all get along so well and their relationships with each other and the teachers is more like a family. Academically, my daughter is ahead of the game because of the care and attention of the teachers and she really loves learning. She looks forward to going to school every day and is always excited about their projects, field trips, performances and even after school care!

Posted November 19, 2012
Columbia Academy is a 5 stars school, this year its my daughter's first year and she is doing amazing. I love the small class sizes and the TEACHERS are AMAZING!!!! they trully love the kids and they are not there just because of a paycheck. Prior to make my decision my husband and I went to 6 plus other schools and nothing can top it of Columbia Academy. The school curriculum its awsome and they trully stand by their philosophy work hard and play hard. During the begining of the year my daughter was just starting to read but did not had any interest in picking up a book to read, now she is reading very well and she askes for books all the time. Our daughter loves going to school and she gets so excited on Sundays because she knows she gets to see her friends and teachers the next day. We as a parent couldn't be any happier with this school and we are looking forward to keep our daughter here at Columbia Academy until 6th grade :)

Posted November 13, 2012
After several years at Montessori my son is now at Columbia. He has transitioned nicely and I attribute a lot of that to the teachers and curriculum at the school. The children all seem happy to be there and I can see why- there's a nice balance between casual and professional that works well with most kids and the staff sincerely seem to enjoy what they do and care about the children. Nice grounds, great location not far off 205 and close to West Linn and Lake Oswego. Perfect!

Posted November 11, 2012
I love being at Columbia Academy more than any other school because it is easier to learn when I am there. When I first went to Columbia Academy I was 7 years old and tested into first grade, I should have been in second grade and now I am almost caught up to where I am suppose to be and that makes me happy!! There are many nice people at CA. The teachers are really nice, kind and loving. The teachers reward us for completed targets(goals). We also have music and arts and crafts.

Posted November 11, 2012
Columbia Academy is the best environment for my child. My daughter has been attending Columbia for over a year now and wakes up in the morning thrilled to go to school. Love of learning is what Columbia Academy inspires in my daughter and I couldn't be more thankful.

Posted November 08, 2012
I have three children that attend Columbia Academy and we have been part of the Columbia family for 7 years now. To say I love the school is an understatement. The amount of comfort and joy that Columbia Academy gives not only to my children but to my family is truly beyond words. The staff at Columbia care for my children as if they were their own. The structure, ethics and curriculum are amazing. If you are looking for a school for your child you should look no further. I feel blessed to have found them and I am sure anyone would feel the same.

Columbia Academy