Boones Ferry Primary School

Public | PK-5 | 791 students

Sweep tile

Posted December 3, 2012

I attended this school four years ago. I have to say that this school a very very good!! When I had moved to America, I attended this school for fourth grade and fifth grade. I thought it was going to be horrible but it was the opposite. My fourth (favorite) grade, Mr. B, was a amazing person! He made me feel very comfortable around the school, and with other students. I also found my best friend in fourth grade. For my second year at Boones Ferry was far beyond my comfort-zone, it was starting to feel like home to me. My fifth grade teacher, Mrs. B, was a strong, encouraging woman, who encouraged her students to read, write, and draw. Even though I'm a seventh grade, I still remembered my time at Boones Ferry was the most memorable thing in my life.

Posted June 6, 2011

Boones Ferry is our first experience with public schools and I am incredibly impressed with the community, administration, and support our school receives. We have an incredible campus and great learning opportunity with CREST.

Posted May 13, 2011

We're leaving this year for AZ. But one of the biggest regrets we'll have in leaving this community is leaving Boones Ferry Primary. Our daughter is finishing 3rd grade this year and she has been going here since Kindergarten. She's heartbroken having to leave BF. The teachers are amazing. The environment is one of loving devotion to kids. This is personified in the principal, Jennifer Patterson. She's one of those principles that knows all the kids by name (no easy task) and cares about the school, to her core. And it shows, in every interaction she has with the parents and kids. I can't stress to you just how amazing this school is. If I could fold it up and put it in my suitcase, I would.

Posted July 28, 2008

We had our daughter at Mentor Graphics and were thrilled with the teacher involvement, child-focus and best-practices curriculum and communication with parents. We were not sure kindergarten at BFPS would offer her the quality education she received at Mentor. Well, she had a wonderful year and cannot praise the teachers and staff enough at Boones Ferry! Our daughter loved kindergarten and is so ready for 1st grade! Differentiation is defintely something that is done for all students and there is a real focus on literacy as a school. It's wonderful to know that she was challenged to her full potential in kindergarten. Hats off to Mrs. Janet Lewis!

Posted June 7, 2008

My family has had an excellent experience with this school. Between both of my children in our three years at this school, we've experienced each year of K thru 5. I have been very pleased with the added programs since the new principal and vice principal came on board. The teachers accommodate all levels in their classroom without leaving anyone behind or having anyone bored. This year the teachers focused on project-based learning. My 2nd grader performed his own research and wrote a book to share with a kingergarten class; my 5th grader studied green housing and built a house model, complete with an estimate of the cost to build. I'm just sorry she has to go to a different school for 6th grade!

Posted May 27, 2008

My son has attended this school since Kindergarten and I would not recommend it. It used to be a great school with the prior principal (whose name I cannot recall right now). She was a wonderful, understanding and loving principal and parent. The current principal and vice principal try to run the school as if it were a military barracks. Consequently, the kids misbehave and rebel more. I know of more than a few parents who are unhappy with the current administration. I am glad I no longer have to deal with their ineffectiveness at dealing with children. My son is on to middle school!

Posted March 25, 2007

This is our first year at this school. My daughter is in third grade and is loving it! She has an outstanding teacher as well. Unfortunately, this is my daughter's third school she has gone to because we have moved a couple of times. But, it has also given me a chance to compare Boones Ferry to other schools. I feel that they do a great job all around. They have only been open for six years now. Which does not compare to the many years that other schools have been open and the experience that they have had at running a school. And considering the growth of the community I feel that they have been very accommodating to everyone. I look forward to my daughter continuing on at this school along with her younger siblings. Great Job, Boones Ferry!!!

Posted June 14, 2006

This school has some work to do in regards to its relations to low income or Spanish speaking families. It's an ok school. It's not harmful, yet not truly outstanding either. It's definately got room to grow. Overall, it's adequate.

Posted June 12, 2006

This school is amazing! The entire faculty make it their business and their priority to ensure each child gets a great education. The Teachers are very communicative, despite what is said below, as is the principal and vice principal. Anyone who says different isn't trying hard enough. Remember, a good school, has busy employees and can't return every single phone call in the time you want them to. This school is the best in Oregon. I challenge anyone to prove me wrong! Parents who are unhappy, probably have kids who don't behave, or are just not involved enough. I highly reccomend this school!

Posted February 13, 2006

This school is not one That I plan on keepiong my children in. The leadership is very un-organized, along with many other things. I never get my phone call returned by the principle or the vice principle. The more I try to be involved with my daughters education the harder of a time they give me. I would not recommend this school to anyone who values their child's future.

Math

The state average for Math was 61% in 2013.

100 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 66% in 2013.

100 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

In 2012-2013 Oregon used the Oregon Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (OAKS) to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in reading and math; in grade 11 in writing; and in grades 5, 8 and 11 in science. The OAKS is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Oregon. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Math

The state average for Math was 64% in 2013.

86 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 73% in 2013.

86 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 68% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 67% in 2013.

All Students71%

This school District averageState average
Students participating in free or reduced-price lunch program 38%N/A51%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

11495 Wilsonville Rd