PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted November 09, 2015
My son has been going to Meadowbrook for 2 years. Our experience has been amazing. The Pre-school program is great for 3 and 4 year olds, our son learned a whole lot both academically and socially. The teachers are great, nurturing, caring, knowledgeable, human beings. The community is great: teachers, staff, parents, and students make everybody feel welcome and part of an amazing group. We love that everybody knows each other by name and the students are always helping each other. The Pre-K program is great so far, and I am sure for the next 7 years our son will be in the best place he can be. We are glad we found Meadowbrook and recommend it if you are looking for 1 on 1 education for your child.

Posted January 12, 2015
There are few schools that provide the care, curriculum and sense of community like Meadowbrook. The family-style lunch program, the student-led assemblies, the enriching Science and Art programs make this elementary school worth the investment. The graduates from Meadowbrook are highly sought after and transition to any school after 6th grade very well; they are mature, well-prepared, versatile, and confident boys and girls. I am proud my children are learning in such a safe and caring environment.

Posted December 11, 2013
Meadowbrook School is one the Philadelphia suburbs' best small, private elementary schools. My wife and I set-out on an exhaustive search for the best local private school we could find; we sought a challenging curriculum, balanced with successful athletic and social interactions, based in a caring and supportive family environment. Meadowbrook School embodies all this and more. Really, what more important choice is there for one's child and his or her future? From the family-style dining (with teachers and kids from other grades) to the older/younger "buddy" system among the students, this school nurtures a sense of community and respect across a diverse group of learners. Small class sizes only further the academic progress and socialization of the kids there, too. I recommend Meadowbrook as a parent without ANY hesitation, whole-heartedly.

Meadowbrook School 3

Posted June 11, 2013
This school has some great traditions, community, etc. Some of the teachers are lacking good teaching skills and are not held accountable-so you have a great range. There are some awesome teachers and then some really poor teachers. There is no clear understanding of your child's true academic/achievement abilities. The headmaster only cares about raising money and if you don't have any to give then he won't pay you any mind.

Meadowbrook School 3

Posted February 14, 2011
When I attended this school, I was bored. If you want a school that will challenge your gifted child, this is not it.

Posted November 20, 2008
If you are seeking a nurturing, but academically-challenging school, you definitely need to check out Meadowbrook. Our son is now in fourth-grade, but when he started in K-5, I was astounding that he was learning French, going to science lab, working in the art wing and mastering the internet in the computer lab. You simply cannot get this experience and academic exposure in a public school setting. Plus, I found the structured approach to be a much better match for him than a montessori setting would be or the local Friends school, which seems to be less structured. Our son runs...RUNS...into the building every day. He has NEVER uttered the words 'I don' t want to go to school today.' I know that he will be prepared for wherever he goes after Meadowbrook because of the confidence that has been instilled in him by the school's fantastic teachers.

Posted April 29, 2008
My daughter and I were introduced to Meadowbrook just before her fourth grade year. We applied and were accepted and we knew from the beginning what has already been confirmed, that we were embarking on an experience that would greatly change and improve our lives. The academics and extra curriculars at Meadowbrook are rigorous, however, the nurturing atmosphere of the school empowers every child to be encouraged and meet the extremely high expectations. Noone is allowed to fail or fall behind in anything. Every individual associated with that school knows every child and can and will gladly offer insights into each child's progress and development. Meadowbrook children have a powerful spirit that says 'I know I am a part of something special.' That spirit stays with them as they become leaders at the GFS's, Penn Charters and GA's of the world, and as they pursue their post high school studies.

Posted September 14, 2007
Meadowbrook is a spectacular school all around. They teach kids math, reading,science, writing, language and art using the best effective methods. The level of parent involvement and extra curricular activities is very high. School has a warm, friendly, and highly educational atmosphere, which impresses students and parents.

Posted March 03, 2004
I think Meadowbrook is a fantastic school with loving and homelike atmosphere. Both teachers and parents are very involved. Teachers are great and very caring and helpful. I highly recommend the school. My daughter is graduating from 6th grade this June. I wish that the school went up to 12th grade.

Posted January 05, 2004
My two children have attended Meadowbrook for three years, and they are thriving there, because the classes are small (no more than 15 children per class, and frequently fewer) and the adults (teachers and administrators) take responsibility for their students and their performance. That doesn't happen in every school, public or private! Meadowbrook emphasizes the basics - reading and writing - but the children have physical education every day and two recesses, as well as art, science, French and music at least twice a week. I'm convinced that the money is well-spent in the early years, when children learn to learn.

Meadowbrook School