Posted August 11, 2014
Academic is a joke in Parkland High. Everyone has High GPAs, but the academic standards are so low compare to CA. That's why so many outstanding kids can't make in to the best college. It's not a good place if you want to compete with the rest of the world. Also Valedictorian is not recognized in this high school.

Parkland Senior High School 3

Posted July 20, 2014
I'm a former student, graduated in 2011. Parkland HS is a beautiful campus, and has most up to date tools and resources to learn. Teachers are qualified as well, but regardless of all that, if you want your children to do well and feel apart of in this school you better have money. The school parking lot looks like a new car dealer ship lot, the children that go to this school are the children of lawyers, doctors... parents that have the money to give their kids everything and this is the majority of the school. We all know how hard high school already is to "fit in" and I believe it to be distracting if one is constantly trying to "keep up" with other people they really can't compete with because that would be living outside their family's means. & don't be fooled by the 10 out of 10 rating there are many, many substances to be found at this school. I don't believe this school district prepares young adults for the real world, they just want you to get into a prestigious college. This school can give great education, but my own personal experience was lacking...the school knows how to put on a front and so do the children.

Parkland Senior High School 5

Posted July 28, 2013
My child attends Parkland High School and I am very happy with my child's progress. The staff is helpful, there are many extracurricular acitvities for the kids and their Arts Department is one of the best I've ever seen. My child came from a school where there were bullying issue and has met wonderful students at Parkland- the more the kids involve themselves the more and different people they will meet and more interesting and the fullfilling high school experience they will have...Parkland provides great education, socialization and experience for their students. Our family couldn't be happier- the 10 out of 10 rating is well-deserved.

Parkland Senior High School 4

Posted July 10, 2013
I am currently attending Parkland High School and so far its wonderful. The education is great and the teachers are really good. However, the students who go there are mostly stuck up and snobby. Its hard to find the right friends in this school. They are judgmental, inconsiderate, and intolerant to anyone who looks "different" or dresses a different way. I don't hangout with these crowds and I was lucky enough to find a hand full of friends that I care about. I also have a learning disability and I really like the teachers here. They help whenever you ask and give you extra time to work on test and help you study for them. I also like the fact that they give you independence because that teaches students that they will not have that extra help all their life so they need to take responsibility. They don't have to watch you all the time if they know you are responsible, and I am glad they do so.

Posted September 12, 2012
As a parent of two students with disabilities, I find that this school has done grave injustices to us. Instead of acknowledging the needs of each individual student, the reputation of the school was first and foremost. Bullying not only came from peers, but from those we entrusted our loved one to. In the end, we moved out of state and away from what we thought to be "the best school district" in the area. Looks can be deceiving and lives can be torn apart. Your children's future is your priority. As the old saying goes "If it's too good to be true, it probably is" was never truer words to describe Parkland High School.

Posted April 29, 2012
If the taxpayers in the Pkld District only knew what REALLY goes on within those hallowed walls it would make their skin crawl. If you think that bullying among students is the biggest problem in the schools these days, you are wrong. With Pkld s public image being their utmost priority, the administrators have sunk to an all-time low by covering up for incompetent teachers who have not fulfilled specified requirements and instead forging (yes forging a student s records), with heavy handed bullying of their own. Pkld has good teachers; but the ones who are not should be fired, not protected, while the innocent student is thrown under the bus and has their life ruined. An extremely top heavy (overpaid) administrative hierarchy exists, to do damage control and to make sure no negative publicly occurs. It is outrageous that the very people, to whom we entrust our children, are the very ones who have lost sight of why they went into education in the first place. Through the protection of their union hierarchy, they can so easily destroy young lives, all for the sake of their lack of morals, ethics, and big fat salaries.

Parkland Senior High School 4

Posted June 17, 2011
As a former student at the school, know a sophomore in a top 20 school I can Parkland is what you make of it. Opportunities are available everywhere at Parkland, although it takes a lot digging to find them. You really need to have a kid who is comfortable in big bureaucratic structures or be a proactive parent who will fight to figure out what is best for your kid at parkland. There is little to no hand holding, if your kid doesn't take the time to figure out how the classes work or which are important to take early on, Parkland is not the school for you. Parkland is not a nurturing until you've put in the work to find the teachers who will nurture you. Other than that, Parkland give a slightly better than average education. Push your son or daughter to take honors classes, CP classes are a joke and the teachers are overworked which translates to complete disinterest in students. once students reach the AP level teacher really do care and I had great experiences with all my AP teachers. Generally though the academic standard at Parkland is overestimated because of GPA weighting. Despite all I've said Parkland is still leagues better than Emmaus, Allen, or even Central

Posted February 25, 2011
If you consider academic is most important, Parkland High School is not the right school for you. The average SAT in 2010 was 1596 and was not much higher than national average 1509. The school GPA is really misleading. The honors class A gets 5.0 GPA. Those hornors classes are low standard and most kids can get As. Most universities use not weighted GPA with consideration of APs. Maths are very weak. We have to teach our daughter again in the summer. This is the only high school I know stop recognizing valedictorian.

Posted February 24, 2011
The academic standards are quite low in Parkland compare to other states. Lots of teachers graduated from Kutztown University and they seem don't like to use textbooks. My son was a straight A student in Parkland High, but when he transfered to CA, he hardly can keep up Bs. His current high school is also public school, 4000 students. The average SATs is 200 points higher than Parkland High average SAT.

Parkland Senior High School 5

Posted August 11, 2010
Excellent!!!!! My children have all gone to Parkland and have done wonderful in their lives!

Parkland Senior High School
2700 North Cedar Crest Blvd, Allentown, PA  18104
Last modified Parkland Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parkland Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top