Posted November 25, 2014
We purchased or house in Westbury based on school rating for SMS much to my disappointment kids are dedicating rude and snobby noticed my son acting the same way for the first time ever in Florida never had issues with him being a snob and acting like he is better than the next person I think this speaks to the culture of the school. Also have witnessed bully first hand at lift and learn after school activity which has nothing to do with learning our house is on the market. Seeking a better education for our son and daughter

Posted May 19, 2014
My child had problems with sexting and the principal plays favorites. If you're a cheerleader or have money there is definitely biased outcomes. There is a lot of bullying that goes unnoticed. We didn't have problems with our son when Mr. Troutman was the principal, but the school and its leadership have definitely changed for the worse. Grades aren't updated in a timely manner. After school help is not always given and our daughter wasn't noticed until it was almost too late. Where is the equity in this? I would definitely consider Orefield Middle School as it appears to be more blue collar and the staff and administration is more approachable and personable. My sister's children attend the school my sister agrees that there is a disparity between the two schools. If I could have done it over, I would have purchased a house that is in the sending district of OMS.

Posted March 27, 2014
Spring house is a very good school to be at if you are enrolled there. The teachers are great you are learning what you are supposed to and sometimes it doesn't feel like your at school. I read one of the reviews about spring house saying that it was a school for rich and snobby kids well I can tell you that isn't true you don't have to be rich to go to spring house and really no one acts like a snob at this school if it was for rich and snobby kids I'm pretty sure you would see everyone in uniform. Then there is the issues with bullying yes it happens sometimes and then people say that the principal doesn't answer them but when your a principal of a school you are very busy and you have a lot of things to do and honestly I can say I was on Team Sharks and nobody really bullied anyone Team Sharks was probably the best group of teachers I have ever had in my school career. Honestly overall I can say that I really miss going to spring house it was probably the best school I have ever gone to. The teachers the kids the classes I miss all of it. I wish that I could go back someday just to see what's happened since I left such an amazing school for some school in Palm Bay Florid

Posted March 26, 2014
No communication from administrators. No support in terms of bullying. I had to contact the superintendent's office to get results

Posted January 13, 2014
I went to spring house until I moved to Florida and honestly I enjoyed it. Yes there was bullying problems and other "issues" but it was still an enjoyable place to go and the old principal is the assistant principal so he is still there.

Posted January 02, 2014
I JUST MOVED HERE THIS YEAR AND IM IN 7TH GRADE. THIS IS A VERY NICE SCHOOL. I AM ON TEAM SHARKS AND HAVE EXPERIENCED NO PROBLEM AT ALL. MY TEACHERS ARE EXCELLENT.

Posted July 28, 2013
This is a school with an excellent educational rating... above the 96 percentile. If there were systemic problems with the principal, the school moral and safety of students...the students would not be excelling across the board. There's always a dissatisfied few in every bunch. A 10 out of 10 rated school can't have an unhappy student body or a disinterested principal. Obviously these complaints are isolated incidents. Parkland is an excellent school district, with highly motivated parents, teachers and students and it shows- with test scores, awards for excellence and high participation in extra-curricular activivities, including the Arts which are highly supported by the district and the students. I specifically chose this district when relocating to the area because of the educational opportunities and scores. It was the best decision I made for my 2 children.

Springhouse Middle School 2

Posted August 31, 2010
We transferred to Springhouse mid 7th grade year, from another state. I actually picked our apartment based on the ratings of the school. Much to my disappointment. Now I can't blame the teachers or the principal for this, but the kids, as a whole, are very mean, and rude. My daughter was very hurt that she couldn't seem to be accepted by any of her peers. The girls were so mean, and so rude to her. We quickly realized it seemed to be a school for rich, snobby kids. I was stunned at some of the things that were going on at lunch. Needless to say, we've moved, bought a home and GLADLY in another school district!

Springhouse Middle School 4

Posted February 23, 2010

Posted October 21, 2009

Springhouse Middle School
1200 Springhouse Rd, Allentown, PA  18104
Last modified Springhouse Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Springhouse Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top