Ungraded
Allentown, PA
Before care: Yes

Grace Montessori School 3

Posted September 18, 2014
Teachers were nice, but my didn't learn a lot of the usual skills, except for songs.

Posted December 05, 2013
At GMS your child will learn confidence through independence. They will be encouraged to do everything for themselves and their peers; from peeling and slicing fruits and vegetables, to tying their shoes, making flower arrangements, and helping their friends zip up their jackets. The multi-aged classrooms encourage cooperation, compassion, and friendships that cross the boundaries of grade level. Academically, if your child is ready, she ll get to read chapter books and learn multiplication and cursive handwriting (in Kindergarten!) After a few years in GMS elementary your child may come home with a strong understanding of evolution, Scrabble, algebra, and knitting. My oldest child has transitioned beautifully to a more transitional school as a 4th grader, and finds herself revisiting material (especially science). The Montessori philosophy is follow the child, so whatever your child s talent; reading, math, crochet (?!) the GMS teachers will challenge and nurture them. Definitely go for a visit and ask for a tour!

Posted October 16, 2013
We've had three children at GMS through the years. The quality of education is excellent. When our kids transitioned from GMS to the public school system, they were far ahead of their peers. Both of our girls have been placed in the gifted programs. Our preschooler is learning more and more each day. He loves the classroom environment. It's a place where teachers show kids how to love to learn! We have had several of the same teachers for all three kids, and we are continually impressed with their caring and committed attitudes. We highly recommend Grace Montessori School! -Jason and Andrea Langkamer-Smith

Posted January 17, 2013
My son attended Grace for his final year of preschool as a 4 year old. He had previously attended First Presbyterian in Bethlehem, which was great as a play program and intro to school environment. But Grace really helped him shine and gave him so many essential skills before heading into kindergarten. I especially love the way they teach kids to interact with each other and adults in a respectful way. Their curriculum is totally differentiated, and he was really challenged; as a preK student, he read a chapter book because he was ready for it. I am now thinking of returning him as a 2nd grader to the elementary school so he can receive the same individualized approach. Outstanding curriculum, great teachers, very positive environment. There was some upheaval in the leadership (director) while we were there (2010-2011) but I'm not sure where that stands now. I can''t rave enough about this school and its caring, experienced, outstanding teachers!

Posted August 03, 2011
I love this school for my preschool children. The teach independence, kindness, healthful eating, and an appreciation for diversity. I feel if you preschooler has those skills, they will excel not only in school but in life. At this stage, it's not about who's reading and who's doing math, it's about being a well adjusted individual who is comfortable taking on new challenges and can work well with others and handle themselves. This is what Grace helps children with. They are encouraged to think for themselves -- a lifetime lesson.

Grace Montessori School 2

Posted June 13, 2010
We recently moved to the Allentown area and found an opening in this school. Our child actually regressed while at Grace and we were told it was because of the move - don't waste your time here - it was because of the teachers. We are currently in the process of finding another school.

Posted March 06, 2010
Both of our daughters attend Grace and I am blown away! The teachers could not be more passionate about the student and their success. My 4-yr-old is reading chapter books and doing multiplication/division and my 3 years old has progressed SO fad in just 2 months. They teach the children kindness, grace, diversity and responsibility. I enjoy the parents at the school as they are just as involved and committed to their child's and the school's success.

Grace Montessori School 1

Posted February 23, 2010
Our child went to Grace for several years and had no problems at all there; all of his teachers were fine. The only problem is that the administration is largely incompetent and paranoid. Rather than working creatively with its teachers, Grace sets often knuckle-headed policies and then cows its teachers into submission. Thus, the school has forced out many excellent teachers in the past few years. Those of us who tried to stand up for those teachers were forced out as well.

Posted March 21, 2008
This is my son's first year at the school and I am amazed. As someone who is certified in both Elementary and Special education I was very surprised at how different the Montessori method was. It is truly an amazing method of teaching and Grace has truly amazing staff. They work very well with the children and communicate constantly with the families. I feel like I always know what is going on. Although I was a bit skeptical of the location at first I truly am convinced that I made the right decision for my son.

Grace Montessori School