Ungraded
Allentown, PA

Posted December 05, 2014
Both of my children attended The Devine School and had very positive experiences. My older child has special needs and her therapist was a welcomed and active participant in my child's preschool education at Devine. She was well-prepare for kindergarten and has flourished in school. My younger child formed very strong bonds during her 3 years at Devine with her teachers. Every daycare/pre-school has some turnover but none of her primary teachers ever left during the time she was at Devine. Also, I understand the frustrations of parents of special needs children but not every environment is right for every special needs kid. This is a decision that should be made between a family and a facility. Devine was able to accommodate my child while other provides could not. I always appreciated the honesty of those providers who said they would have difficulty providing the care needed for my special needs child. That doesn't make them a bad facility, just an honest one.

Devine School 1

Posted October 11, 2014
Pulled my son out if this school. Teacher turnover extremely high. Previous administration terminated for her abrasiveness to parents. Curriculum okay but administrator was extremely abrasive when I requested assistance for my special needs son. I expected a higher quality of individuals for the rate of tuition.

Posted May 06, 2014
The Devine School is a very modern up-to-date facility. As large as it seems from outside it is very personal and comfortable inside with children getting lots of personal attention. The playground is outstanding. The staff are actively engaging the children in learning and using a large variety of tools in doing so. A very high quality center.

Devine School 3

Posted June 24, 2013
Great working environment and great staff, however the pay is absolutely awful. This is most definitely the reason for all the turnover. I have been employed for years now and have not had one raise or insightful evaluation to be considered for a raise even though I consistently work hard and am complimented on my hard work daily. Don't come here unless you're a trust fund kid or have a rich husband. I definitely recommend it as a school, but $8.50-9/hr for a head teacher at any school is horrendous.

Devine School 1

Posted May 28, 2013
Terrible turnover, likely due to poor pay and working conditions for care providers. I expect higher quality long-term staff at a premium daycare. Moved my child out of here, did not look back.

Devine School 2

Posted November 01, 2011
The curriculum at this school is exceptional for young minds, and my son learned a lot in the short time he attended this school. However, we found that the center director was NOT accommodating of our child's emotional issues. He was under the care of a therapist at the time, and we were in the middle of getting a psychiatric diagnosis and an IEP, but before we could complete the process we were essentially told our son was no longer welcome there. To cast out a child with issues who had a therapist willing to visit the school multiple times a week and whose parents are in the middle of obtaining an IEP (which is not always a timely process, as most are aware) shows us that this school's leadership is not fully committed to helping all children succeed. Additionally, when we willingly met with the director to discuss our child, she spoke down to us as and indicated that we were doing something wrong with our child. We later found out that our son has a neurological disorder that was causing his issues. This school is fantastic, but only if your child fits into the "normal" realm of learning and behavior.

Posted May 18, 2011
excellent teachers! great educational program! very good approach to the kids.my son loves it! I would recomment it to anyone

Posted July 01, 2010
Great school and excellent staff. I would recommend to any parent looking for a good daycare for their child.

Devine School