Posted November 14, 2013
When my daughter and I first moved here i heard HORRIBLE things about UT and was in the process of trying to get authorized to send my baby to another school due to the low test scores UT had. I went to the school and met with the Principle and Vice Principle, they took us on a tour of the school (not very impressive but not bad), they asked for the opportunity to have my daughter as a student and prove that UT was NOT as bad as reports were claiming, I then told them my expectations for my daughters educational stimulation and safety, they said they could deliver both. This is her second year at UT and WE absolutely LOVE IT! The 2 teachers she has had thus far (2nd & 3rd grades) are AMAZING I could not have asked for better teachers for my baby, the Principle is very nice, the front office can be a slight bit abrasive but very efficient, the kids....some foul language and questionable behavior but it has never effected my baby, all in all I will say this, even though the time has come for us to leave Allentown, I will not leave until she graduates from UT because of the teachers and the way they have taught and inspired my baby. Miss Strobel & Mrs. McElroy are AWESOME

Posted October 09, 2013
the best school my daughter has attended she has learned so much at ut and loves to go there

Union Terrace El School 1

Posted May 10, 2011
Absolutely awful! This school is completely worthless. The staff and administrators do not care and will not invest time in the children that go to school here. They don't care whether or not they learn, they just pass them through to the next grade to make them someone else's problem next year. My daughter started at this school 2 years ago with straight A's for the two year prior to UT. In the two years she has been at UT, not only is she no longer a straight A student, but she is failing. We have tried to contact the school and work with them to help her get caught back up, but they just don't care. They get frustrated and annoyed when we try to get involved. They tell us she is lazy. How then was she pulling straight A's for two consecutive years? She's not lazy, they are. We have talked with several people working at the school, the principal, some teachers, and some office staff. Not a single one of them sends their children to this school or any in the ASD. All school their children outside of the district. That says a lot for what they think of the education they are providing and their confidence in their co-workers' abilities.

Union Terrace El School 1

Posted May 04, 2011
This is the worst school in allentown. Between fights, students being attacked in bathrooms and walking home. Girls are becoming worse than the boys. The smaller girls get picked on by the bigger ones. I just heard of a child attacked in the bathroom during school and the teacher didnt want to hear it. If this was my child i would of called morning call and got the police involved. This is why a child schould carry a phone for emergencies in the situation. I will never send my child here. This only one story imagine the rest. The prinicipal is weak , staff is useless and the children there are not the future of tomorrow.

Union Terrace El School 4

Posted June 03, 2010
This is NOT a terrible school. The principal is an effective leader and has the respect of his staff. The teachers are caring and engaged with the students. I am an active parent at the school and disagree with the statement that the police are at the school all the time. My 3 children are getting a good education. I think sometimes parents forget that their child's education is only good if the parent is engaged and involved.

Union Terrace El School 0

Posted April 11, 2010
This is a terrible school. Gifted and Talented? How about old and mean. The principal is weak, teachers dont listen to him, and the assistant principal has no leadership skills. Plus, the police are at the school all the time. If the school is so great why dont the administrations kids go there? Guess why??? Im moving my son to East Penn where the administrators kids go - guess why? What a waste of a year. Overcrowded and unmanaged school - how is this possible? Id never recommend this school to even people I dont like! Move!

Posted April 20, 2009
I am very, very happy with Union Terrace. I have a third grader, and she is doing very well. The principal and assistant principal are excellent. The teachers are wonderful.

Union Terrace El School 3

Posted March 31, 2009

Posted November 05, 2008

Posted October 04, 2007
Union Terrace School is a great school within a great location in Allentown, PA. The teachers are very dedicated to their students and take time to care and be on top of the students in order to ensure that they excel and do their best. There is a great amount of parent and teacher involvement at this elementary level.

Union Terrace El School
1939 West Union St, Allentown, PA  18104
Last modified Union Terrace El School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Union Terrace El School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top