Bad
Good

South mountain middle school in Allentown PA should be shut down. It is one of the worst public schools that I've ever come across for almost 3 years now my son has attended South mountain middle and it's the worst experience you can ever have as a parent the teachers the guidance counselors very rearly return your phone calls it is disgusting there's gang involvement and there's no follow through. The teachers complain everyday there are phone calls on top of phone calls, and they pay no attention to the kids that are being bullied or they pretend not to know. There are kids that are on probation, talking about stabbing others going to this school and dragging the rest of kids that are willing down, as a parent to see this type of dysfunction is very hard. I will never recommend the school to anyone. Ps. My son no longer attends there.

South Mountain has to be the worse school in the district. They refuses to intervene when my daughter was being bullied by a small group of girls. She has been hit in the face, slapped on the head, pushed into the lockers and intentionally tripped. The principal, teachers and security are aware but there hasn't been any consequences for girl. I requested they review to video in the areas where she has been assaulted at. This has been going on since the first week of school. I advised her not to hit back because even though she will be defending herself she will be suspended. How long is this going to go on before she getting frustrated and hit back. Only then will they take action because she was involved in a fight. So in the mean time the bullies can hit her whenever they see fit with no consequences. This is unacceptable and I plan to speak to an administrator at the ASD main office. Being bullied and having and getting no support at school has affected her grades and her heath physically and mentally. Worse school and staff I know

I think this is the worst school I've ever seen. For the past 3 yrs my son has struggled since day one! I am so glad I am relocating back to NY. Teachers there show alot more involvement & discipline. I'd like for my son to grow in life, continue learning & have a great career. Which I feel in this school will will ever amount to anything! This is your shift as his teacher, if he does not follow direction or complete work...YOU HANDLE IT! Instead, you call me & tell on him...When he dsnt do his chores at home or follow my rules in my house, I HANDLE IT...I do not call you & complain...do I? I would NEVER recommend ANYONE to this school, it is a DISGRACE in my eyes!

I'm going to eighth grade now and I've been in this school for 2 years. By my standards I simply hate this school, The students are disrespectful to the teachers which wont allow me to get an education and wont allow me to learn. The teachers are excellent at teaching but its just the students that make this school horrible. I hope someday that the rudeness from students will stop.

i am a six grader in smms n its not the greatest i have the most drama in this school. i try to stay away from the drama n focus on my school work but the drama gets u anyway. but it isnt the schoold fault more of the behavior of the students the teachers handle it well a peson i know jut got into a fight n suvior consequences came to both students. the teachers are great cool n make it has easyer n fun as possible

Terrible school. The kids talk about gang affiliations during class. They are disrespectfull to teacher. South mountain represents the very lowest in education and society.

I love my school. despite everyone in other districts talking about all the bad things they hear about Allentown, it's deffinently not a bad school. Teachers and faculty are strick here to prevent bad behavior and they do a great job handeling situations.

im a 8th grader.ive been in southmountain for 3 years.this is one of the best public middle school in allentown.i recommened this school to any 6-8 graders.there are many oppertunitys in smms.

teachers are very pressured by the over populated students but alays do their best all teachers are very commited to their students and very helpful as much as fun .the school might be over populated but the teachers are awsome

As a grandparent of an Autistic student, I would like to say this school is very dedicated to the needs of these students. The teacher and the IA's do a great job.

Last modified South Mountain Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.