Allentown, PA
Students enrolled: 1,129

Posted October 21, 2013
South Mountain has to be the worse school in the district. They refuses to intervene when my daughter was being bullied by a small group of girls. She has been hit in the face, slapped on the head, pushed into the lockers and intentionally tripped. The principal, teachers and security are aware but there hasn't been any consequences for girl. I requested they review to video in the areas where she has been assaulted at. This has been going on since the first week of school. I advised her not to hit back because even though she will be defending herself she will be suspended. How long is this going to go on before she getting frustrated and hit back. Only then will they take action because she was involved in a fight. So in the mean time the bullies can hit her whenever they see fit with no consequences. This is unacceptable and I plan to speak to an administrator at the ASD main office. Being bullied and having and getting no support at school has affected her grades and her heath physically and mentally. Worse school and staff I know

Posted March 15, 2013
I think this is the worst school I've ever seen. For the past 3 yrs my son has struggled since day one! I am so glad I am relocating back to NY. Teachers there show alot more involvement & discipline. I'd like for my son to grow in life, continue learning & have a great career. Which I feel in this school will will ever amount to anything! This is your shift as his teacher, if he does not follow direction or complete work...YOU HANDLE IT! Instead, you call me & tell on him...When he dsnt do his chores at home or follow my rules in my house, I HANDLE IT...I do not call you & complain...do I? I would NEVER recommend ANYONE to this school, it is a DISGRACE in my eyes!

South Mountain Middle School 4

Posted July 02, 2012
I'm going to eighth grade now and I've been in this school for 2 years. By my standards I simply hate this school, The students are disrespectful to the teachers which wont allow me to get an education and wont allow me to learn. The teachers are excellent at teaching but its just the students that make this school horrible. I hope someday that the rudeness from students will stop.

South Mountain Middle School 3

Posted March 29, 2012
i am a six grader in smms n its not the greatest i have the most drama in this school. i try to stay away from the drama n focus on my school work but the drama gets u anyway. but it isnt the schoold fault more of the behavior of the students the teachers handle it well a peson i know jut got into a fight n suvior consequences came to both students. the teachers are great cool n make it has easyer n fun as possible

Posted March 11, 2010
Terrible school. The kids talk about gang affiliations during class. They are disrespectfull to teacher. South mountain represents the very lowest in education and society.

South Mountain Middle School 0

Posted February 13, 2010
I love my school. despite everyone in other districts talking about all the bad things they hear about Allentown, it's deffinently not a bad school. Teachers and faculty are strick here to prevent bad behavior and they do a great job handeling situations.

Posted December 29, 2009

Posted September 13, 2009
im a 8th grader.ive been in southmountain for 3 years.this is one of the best public middle school in allentown.i recommened this school to any 6-8 graders.there are many oppertunitys in smms.

Posted September 13, 2009

Posted July 21, 2009
teachers are very pressured by the over populated students but alays do their best all teachers are very commited to their students and very helpful as much as fun .the school might be over populated but the teachers are awsome

South Mountain Middle School
709 West Emmaus Ave, Allentown, PA  18103
Last modified South Mountain Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Mountain Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top