Altoona, PA

Posted April 22, 2014
My child has attended this school for 3 years. It was great until the merge of the schools occurred. Now it's the worst!!! The teachers are great despite having too large of classes (my child has 33 students in the class). The principal is okay I suppose. Bullying is a HUGE issue and nothing is done about it, lice outbreaks occur ALL the time and even worse. ... don't ever expect to be notified of ANYTHING that pertains to YOUR child, unless of course the school is looking for money!! Complete joke of a school. If it weren't for the awesome teachers, I would have never have kept my child here. Next year, she'll go elsewhere!!!!!

Posted March 13, 2014
Ive had multiple children attend this school. Most of the staff is very friendly,and will go above and beyond what is expected, although there is child favoritism.There are too many assemblies held that constantly recognize only certain children,usually the same children. Bullying is too often ignored and the school is too overcrowded. Parking is a real problem here.

Penn-Lincoln El School 4

Posted October 24, 2013
The teachers, staff and the principal are dedicated to the education of their students. The students are very proud of their school and the parents that are involved are wonderful!

Penn-Lincoln El School 4

Posted October 08, 2013
I really LOVE..Penn Lincoln. I think it takes help from everyone to have a quality school. I think instead of focusing on negative sterotypes people need to roll up their sleaves and help be the solution not the problem...a little less talking and a little more working.

Posted August 22, 2013
I love Pennlincoln because the staff is decated very well mannered. My daughters had a church musical and there teachers came. They took time out of there home life to come. They are very easy to get a hold of if any concerns.

Posted February 21, 2007
My oldest child has ADHD and I do not feel that the teachers are educated enough about cildren with this issue. I do not feel that Mr Duffet acts as a principal. Any time you have an issue or question he refers you someone else. My daughter is very smart and the work that they do is not challenging at all. She tends to bored with the work. We lived in TX then moved here and the work she did in K-garden she did in 1st grade here. Changes need to be made at this school.

Penn-Lincoln El School 3

Posted September 21, 2006
The work that my kindergarten child gets does not challenge her. She is doing the same work that she was given in Headstart/Preschool. She is bored in school.

Posted January 27, 2006
I would not recommend this school because I do not feel that they challenge the students enough. I also don't believe that they have control of there students when they all run around yelling when the teacher is trying to teacher. Games such as connect four and shots and ladders have nothing to do with geography!

Posted May 23, 2005
Highest compliments to Ms. Skelley 4th grade teacher. She was in contact with me often so we could work together for progress in the individual academic, social, and emotional needs. We are grateful for such a caring teacher!

Posted August 11, 2004
I am a single mom of 3 kids and the teachers at Penn Lincoln are great, they really do care. Thanks so much to all the teachers that has had 2 of my 3 girls you have been alot of help and support for my kids.

Penn-Lincoln El School
411 12th St, Altoona, PA  16602
Last modified Penn-Lincoln El School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Penn-Lincoln El School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top