Posted April 24, 2010
Wright has an excellent principal and staff, who really work with the students and parents to see that they provide a quality education in a good environment. They have a school improvement plan in place, have gone the extra mile with programs, and installed technology to bring out the best learning environment. My daughter is now reading at grade level thanks to their hard work. They are even working hard to beautify the outside! In such an economically depressed area, it is not easy to get it all working smoothly, yet they manage to do it. Wright Elementary is very dedicated to its job of education. Can't ask for more than that!

Posted August 27, 2009

Posted May 29, 2009

Wright El School 4

Posted April 25, 2008

Posted October 18, 2007
I agree with the statement about bullying. My child went through a rough year over it. I do not recommend this school..

Posted June 30, 2007
I've been at wright since i started school.We have went through 2 principals and are on are third.In my opion are school was up then down and know it's climbing again.Our teachers are geting better i'm know in 6th grade and i fell back in love with school we know have merals and patroll and doing things to make us more indapendant we also love our music art and gym.

Wright El School 2

Posted February 27, 2007
I've had my children in this school since 1994. All 3 of my children have some form ADHD or ADD. As it was back then the school in my opinion this was one of the best schools in the area. Mainly because the teachers really seem to genuinely care about the kids and were greatly concerned about how they could help your child. I felt supported in terms of helping my child to achieve academically and socially in school.I also gave my full support to the teachers as well. However with the constant changing of principals over the years,the different effects each one of their views/styles of enforcing the rules has dramatically changed the relationship that some parents had with the school/teachers. It has also changed the attitude of most of the teaching staff. Rules only seem to apply for some kids/parents.Idon't recommend.

Posted March 24, 2006

Posted October 10, 2004
If there were negative numerals available for the principal leadership at this school, I would have noted as low a number as possible. The school has a bullying/harrassment 'issue' that has been ongoing for more than the present school year, yet nothing is being done to stop such from taking place at all to our children. The principal and the school department won't even admit that the problem is in existance. This takes place both on school property and on way home from school. What's it going to take for this bullying to stop?

Posted August 19, 2003
- a former student
I had gone to this school since kindergarden and there are teachers that are there that are teaching my child...wright will allow you to be involved with your kids as much as possible and encourage inside the classroom and outside the classroom.they understand the a childs well being as well as their education is the biggest part of their lives and wii helpyou help your kids succeed at a rate that is comfortable for them. The teachers are willing to treat each child respectfully regardlessof their learning capabilities.some people do not like this school but i have experienced absolutely no problems.

Wright El School
1800 11th St, Altoona, PA  16601
Last modified Wright El School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wright El School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top