Altoona, PA

Washington-Jefferson El School 4

Posted July 25, 2011
I love Washington-Jefferson School. I have been very pleased every year. I have one daughter who completed all grades (K-6) and another daughter who has so far completed K-4 at W&J. So far I have liked every teacher my girls have had. Quite a few of the teachers have even been exceptional. In fact, when my youngest daughter had pneumonia, her teacher brought her gifts in the hospital and said she would be praying for her. (Amen to that in this day and age!) We have had the same principal for the past seven years and he has always given me the impression that he truly cares about the students. The school is located in a rather poor part of the city. There are a lot of challenges for the teachers and principal in dealing with the students and families. I think they do an excellent job in the most important areas. Perfect....No. But I see the great effort they put forth in trying to do their best for the students.

Washington-Jefferson El School 3

Posted July 17, 2011
I like the school as a whole. But they need to let the parents get more invoved. Also they need more fund raisers so that they can have more oppertunitys for field trips. My son has a IEP he is starting 4th grade this fall and still is having alot of trouble withr reading. I feel if they would have tested he a year sooner then they did he maybe doing better. I started asking for him to be tested in kindergarden. And he even did kindergarden twice so he is behind that way also. His teachers seem to really wont to help but for some reason are ot help is much as I feel they can. Hope our kids have a great year this school year.

Washington-Jefferson El School
420 1st Ave, Altoona, PA  16602
Last modified Washington-Jefferson El School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington-Jefferson El School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 2 reviews. Top