Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

Teachers and advisors always encourage students to do their best and help fellow students and there are many resources so students can participate on a fair and equal basis.

I am writing this review as both a former student of Sun Valley and as a parent of a student that also graduated from Sun Valley. This high school is outstanding on many levels. 1. They have one of the finest music programs in the state. The Sun Valley Marching Band won first place - GOLD for the Cavalcade of Bands in 2015. They won many other first place awards as well. 2. They are leading the way in technology, students are provided with their own Windows based laptop. 3. They offer many approved college level Advanced Placement courses. 4. They have a high school ROTC program. 5. They operate their own high school TV studio. Students can become skilled in taping events, operating studio equipment, etc. 6. There are many clubs and social groups that students can participate in. Visit their website to find out more details. In the 4 years my daughter attended this school I never found anything negative either socially or academically. After attending Sun Valley I went on to serve in the United States Air Force and I have a Bachelor's degree from Drexel University. I highly recommend Sun Valley to any student that is serious about their academic pursuits.

As a recent graduate of this school, I can say that it was one of the most pleasurable experiences of my life. The education quality tops the charts, the teachers are wonderful and the student body is diverse and friendly. The knowledge I learned here helped me a lot with my SATs and allowed me to get into the college of my choosing.

They act like they are anti bullying but the administration are a bunch of bullies.

The school does not have a student-centered approach to conflict resolution and communication. They will not hear the student side. Very true that the administration will brand you and they will lie to make their side look good. The administration is also vindictive. Probably should have the school board clean house starting with the director of spec ed. They are hypocrites with their bullying as they like to bully the students and parents around. The teachers for the most part are good.

I would like to say that over the next few years SV should have a much higher ranking due to the fact that our Elementary schools are doing so well. ( several of our schools are considered Blue Ribbon - Coebourn got awarded Blue Ribbon in 2012 ) Even our middle school Northley has improved. (currently 4 stars) So with that being said - when these kids move up we should see a dramatic rise in our test score. The Penn-Delco school district is outstanding for what we pay in taxes. We have many activities outside of school to keep our kids away from trouble. We can still be involved with our Church or school activities and most important get involved in your childs school - PTL is a great start. If you are considering Penn-Delco - I feel strongly you will be satisfied. Also start looking at colleges by 10th grade - make sure your child has enough credits. If possible AVOID study halls and take a class for the credits. Bottom line if you can truly afford a private school - your child will most likely get a better education but for the average family that can't your child / children will do fine. (Time is one of the most important things that you can spend on a child. ) Best of Luck

classes are way easy, no challenge.... teachers are awesome, administration not so much. Principal is too involved.

Really great school, and great place for the kids to be involved in anything they want to be involed with !

The teachers are great for the most part. The problem is the administration at this school. They do brand kids and do not give them second chances. I think that they can care a lot more about the students there. There is no complaints about most of the teachers there.

Sun Valley was a great school when I went there. I did hear somethings I didn't like when my little sister started going there but all schools go through phases. High school can be as good or as bad as you want to make it. If you think things are bad than they will probably be bad. Be more enthusiatic and it can be great. SV is a great school just fon't ask soeone from Chichester LOL

Last modified Sun Valley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.