Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

This school is horrible. They are prejudice against male students. Knee jerk reactions to all imperfect behaviour from talking to arguing with other students. They never address issues with boys and punish them harshly instead of TALKING through the problems and finding a solution; I guess it's easier and quicker to punish then address the children and help them problem solve. Boys are rambunctious and loud at times; this school punishes boys for this behaviour. They also will take away playground game equipment if two teams play and the winning team celebrates. Hate is a strong word, but I hate this school and what it is doing to my boy. I feel sick when I have to drop him off there each day. The principle is gone and may be gone for good; we don't know because they don't communicate anything.

The communication between the school and myself as a parent is very poor.Things are handled at school, but as a parent, I am either notified after the issue or never at all and the only way I know about it is because my kid tells me what happened.Once something happens behaviorally with your child they are labled watched like a hawk and continually bullied by the teacher throughout the school day.The kids are not given reminders of expected behavior it is just constantrecess detentions for even the smallest of missteps by the child. All the while, nothing is communicated to the parent, and the parent teacher confrence consist Of the teacher sugar coating everything and not truly telling you what is going on. This behaviour on the teacher's part does nothing but allow big problems to get bigger until they are epic problems and you are finding things out from other sources.The principle is actually better about talking to parents but does not follow up with parents regarding things that she says she will do. All in all a really horrible experience for all of us. Cannot wait until he is done or we sell our house and get the hell out of this district.

Beware that the home school minions post how special hilltop is just compare them with boothwyn and see the value for yourself.

My son has gone to Hilltop Elementary for 3 years now - from Kindergarden to 2nd grade. The teachers are very good - and the principal is fantastic. They are taking a lot of effort to improve math and reading across the school (as can be seen by their improved Math scores)

Hilltop Elementary School is the place to be! This is an excellent public school. The staff is professional and every child is encouraged to be the best they can be.

We have been very happy with the school and the community. The teachers are very caring.

I have had a great experience at Hilltop. My daughter is in first grade and I can't believe how far she has come, with the help of teachers and staff at Hilltop. It's crazy to think that she couldn't read before she went there and now she is reading chapter books. I have nothing bad to say about the school or the staff and am sad that we are moving next year and won't be returning there. I only wish more parents were as involved as my partner and me.

Hilltop is not a place I would send a child with an IEP. They gang up on a parent by having far more people than needed to be there attend. Those's not at the meeting are mentioned as if they are in agreement too. The fact is IEP is individual educational program for a child that needs special requirements to succeed. Somehow this concept is lost at Hilltop. We the tax payers pay for special ed teachers who fail to communicate with parents and deny children the education they so rightly deserve. Teachers should be held accountable for their performance. Our fearless leader should take a stand on meeting the goal of Earnies expectations for students and staff members.

I have 2 children. My oldest child attended kindergarten and first grade at Hilltop. He had behavior problems and was sent home 3 to 4 days every week. My wife and I always had to leave work to come pick him up. The reasons were legit at first but over time it became apparent that the reason he acted out was that they made it clear to him that is what they expected from him. He was never given a chance to " have a good day". The school never handles discipline on their own. At the first sign of trouble, the answer is to call the parents. Most of the "behavior problems" were making noises or disrupting class somehow, things that normal kids do. He was pretty much made an outcast and we had to transfer him to Linwood to a "Special Ed" class. Now my younger son is in Kindergarten at Hilltop and has had trouble from the start because of his last name. Yesterday I found a letter from the principal in his schoolbag saying he is suspended for a day for making noises. Nobody called or emailed. If I hadnt checked the bag, I would have never known and sent him to school. Seems they want these kids to grow up too quick. Hilltop gets two thumbs down from me

I have had 3 children attend Hilltop school and have never failed to be impressed. The staff is fantastic, and manage, even with a class full of children, to tailor the education to my child's specific interests and needs. The principal is very approachable not just to the parents, but to the students. My kids have always felt that she listens to them and values their opinions. The parents as a whole are very involved and it shows in the character of their children. My oldest child has since left Hilltop and the education she received there has more than prepared her for middle school.

Last modified Hilltop El School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.